• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mark pale

Beach Comber
Jun 28, 2006
Can anyone recommend a good cleaning company that will clean in Sandestin? I've called several in the book and most don't service Sandestin. I finally got one company to do it "DAYSTAR CLEAING" but they would only take new homes on 'an hourly basis' and that bill turned out to be $215! and this is a 3 bedrom 1900 sq home were talking about. any suggestions?

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Re: Cleaning company!

mark pale said:
Can anyone recommend a good cleaning company that will clean in Sandestin? I've called several in the book and most don't service Sandestin. I finally got one company to do it "DAYSTAR CLEAING" but they would only take new homes on 'an hourly basis' and that bill turned out to be $215! and this is a 3 bedrom 1900 sq home were talking about. any suggestions?

Actually, Mark, $215 for that much square footage is not as unreasonable as you might think. You wouldn't believe some of the cleaning bills my friends pay on their beach cottages. :eek:

You might want to send a private message to one of our fellow posters, Tivoli. She has a big condo over at Sandestin. She might point you in the right direction.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

If it will make you feel better about the $215 quote, I will clean your house for $300. Let me tell you now, if they do a good job and show up, you have yourself a bargain. Look for the prices to increase even more as affordable housing gets pushed further and further away from this area and as more rental units are built.

tivoli

Beach Lover

mark pale said:

Mark,
PM me and I will give you my guy's name from Sandestin.... Price for
Sandestin is $200.00 a week and our Summer's Edge....$275.00.....
I would highly recommend him. I have worked with him for two years
now and he is dependable and our rentals are immaculate. Believe me,
I'm anal about our cleaning and have never been disappointed in anyway!!
Please feel free to PM me and I will give you his name and business number...
Have a great day!
Tivoli

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005

tivoli said:
Mark,
PM me and I will give you my guy's name from Sandestin.... Price for
Sandestin is $200.00 a week and our Summer's Edge....$275.00.....
I would highly recommend him. I have worked with him for two years
now and he is dependable and our rentals are immaculate. Believe me,
I'm anal about our cleaning and have never been disappointed in anyway!!
Please feel free to PM me and I will give you his name and business number...
Have a great day!
Tivoli

I've never seen cleaner places than yours, Tivoli. You don't exaggerate! Any cleaning person that meets your standards is on the Gold Standard and is worth the cost. :clap_1:

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal

Mark

I sent you a PM about someone I can recommend

goin' coastal

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005

Wow, I am confused why it cost so much in this area for cleaning. :dunno: I live in Nashville and upper end cost for cleaning a home this size is $100. I am very respectful of anyone who does housekeeping for a living, but one person can clean 2 homes in an 8hr day. That is $420-550 per day???? I do not know anyone in health care(RN's, Lab, x-ray, or ultrasound technologist), police, firemen, or teachers who make anywhere near this salary in our area. These are college education folks and if you do not get the ring out of the bathtub nobody DIES.Who gets the money? the agency?or the worker bee?
The cheapest rentals in Nashville is about $650-750 mo for a one bedroom in a dangerous part of town. My daughter cleaned houses in college and grad school and if she made this she would still be doing it.
We have a friend who has a 2Br unit at sandestin. I will try to find out who does the cleaning. He would never pay this rate. I am just old and believe whatever you do just do it well-- be respectful of others and have a loving heart. I am upset if paying guest come to my rental and it is not clean.

Beachlover2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 17, 2005
SoWal

I have townhomes off Old 98 (Miramar Beach) 1200 sf and pay $75.00 -

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

goin' coastal said:
Wow, I am confused why it cost so much in this area for cleaning. :dunno: I live in Nashville and upper end cost for cleaning a home this size is $100. I am very respectful of anyone who does housekeeping for a living, but one person can clean 2 homes in an 8hr day. That is $420-550 per day???
But how many 2000sf homes can one person clean between 10a-4pm on Saturday?