• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mis wah

Beach Comber
Feb 27, 2010
Conflicts of interest galore

My main concern is that Kramer will have many conflicts of interest - and that will lead to him either having to recuse himself from many decisions brought before the board OR him voting on issues that directly affect former/current clients, business associates, and his own projects.

Recently witnessed him in action, criticizing other citizens for trying to protect their own personal real estate interests. Seemed hypocritical to me.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Really, other than to stir the pot, what makes a difference that he is a registered Democrat running as an Independent. I am a Republican who votes Independent of any and all parties. Example I will be voting Reublican, Democrat, and Independent. Oh and just so everyone is aware Wrobert is assisting Sara in her bid for reelection. The one thing I have been impressed with Sara about is she has stayed on topic. Unfortunately robert seems to be taking pointers from Rick Scott. As I have said, I will be voting for Sara in spite of your support for her.

So you don't vote in the primaries?

I really don't care who supports whom and I really don't care what the party affiliation is in local elections, nor IMO, should anyone else.
The requirement of Floridians to declare a party in local elections is ludicrous. It is a stupid, useless requirement that does nothing but foment controversy that should not be present in a local election. You can call a county commissioner and speak directly to them and in doing so, you could care less about their party affiliation, you are only interested in their awareness or solution to a particular local problem.
It is no secret I strongly support Sara Comander and know she has done a great job overall as county commissioner. Do I agree with her all the time? No. She would not be a great commissioner if I did because she does her research on Walton County's problems and many times I, and many others, don't.
If you want a commissioner interested in progress, development and the good of the citizens of the county, vote for Sara Comander. If you want someone who will look to their own best benefit and that of business alone, IMO, vote for David Kramer.

Uh oh grandpa's got the mic.

Andy, the State of Florida is pretty big. We have enormous counties to the south. In fact there is one right here in North Florida that was the first to combine both a city and county government. In those larger counties you probably wouldn't be able to speak to a county commissioner by simply calling them. While many might think that simply doing away with political parties would work, it's simply mind boggling what a ballot would look like without primaries and political parties.

BTW, I'm a registered Democrat and I am voting for Sara Comander. The alternative is just to far out and bizarre.

(Folks I'll probably take a beating for this one.)

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington

No you won't. I'm Republican, but I refuse to be told who to vote for. Most of the time the Republican candidate reflects my concerns and values, but there have been, are, and will continue to be exceptions. But no way do I ever blindly darken a circle based on an (R), a (D) or an NPA, actual, rumored or otherwise.

TechPyle

Beach Lover
May 10, 2009
Way over the rainbow

SWGB,

I am a registered Republican I changed from registered Democrat about 8 years ago mainly because there are very few Democrats that run in local elections. I will be voting for Sara Comander but I will also be voting for Alex Sink and a few others marked by the (D).

I disagree with you on many (maybe even most) subjects but who you pick to vote for should always be the person you believe is the best no matter the party affiliation.

Last edited:

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
SWGB, I have at times changed my party affiliation to be able to help a certain candidate in the primaries. Because we do not have open primaries I do have to weigh where my vote will mean the most, ie. voted for McCollum more to vote against Scott. Last election for Governor changed parties to vote for Rod Smith and when he lost voted for Governor Crist.

R

Ronald Vest

Might as well get this out there so that the facts can be known. Kramer is running what I find to be a very confusing campaign and he has not really gotten started yet.

Your very uninformed sir.

R

Ronald Vest

So you don't vote in the primaries?

Uh oh grandpa's got the mic.

Andy, the State of Florida is pretty big. We have enormous counties to the south. In fact there is one right here in North Florida that was the first to combine both a city and county government. In those larger counties you probably wouldn't be able to speak to a county commissioner by simply calling them. While many might think that simply doing away with political parties would work, it's simply mind boggling what a ballot would look like without primaries and political parties.

BTW, I'm a registered Democrat and I am voting for Sara Comander. The alternative is just to far out and bizarre.

o yes things are going so well the losers we have in there now!

R

Ronald Vest

Yes, I think you are exactly correct. He is a very good resource who would better serve the county as a "spokesman for the citizens" than as a Commissioner who's every vote on a development or realty issue would be open to suspect and criticism.

What better way to serve the citizens than to inform the board when something is best for all. and not just for the 30A elite. But then money talks. This man started here with nothing and only wants to give back to the working people not just the "retired" 30A'ers