• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I'm just tired of dining out (no veggies other than salads), and the weather has been so cool and rainy that we've just wanted to stay home. So I've been on a COMFORT FOOD COOKING EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! I've cooked more meals in the past few days than I've cooked in the past month. I've made vegetable soup, baked chicken with steamed broccoli, filet mignon with baked taters, lean ground beef burgers with light wheat buns and a salad, Italian sausage and green peppers with pasta, and this morning cheese omelettes. YUM!

As an aside, I'm going to take a break this afternoon. Yesterday was the first time Mom has been lucid enough to carry on a conversation since February. She said she missed us. I said, "Mom, I just drove up and took you to the doctor on Tuesday." She said, "Even if I saw you every day, it wouldn't be enough. I love you." :love: We're going to take her out to dinner at Thai Spice in Peachtree City (love that restaurant -- great entrees under $10 with a white-tablecloth atmosphere and service) and (Mermy will like this) pick up a few items at Williams-Sonoma.:D

So, back on thread (I HIJACKED MY OWN THREAD! YESSSSS!) what are *your* favorite comfort foods, SoWallers?

Last edited:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Pancakes, any shape size, banana my fav, blueberry, plain with vanilla.
I live for pancakes. :love:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
there ain't enough room on this thread to list my favorite comfort foods. but pasta would be at the top of my list. gorganzola pasta, shrimp pasta, pasta with fresh tomato and basil, baked rigatoni, spaghetti and meatballs (all homemade sauces of course).

steak and baked potatoes
chicken and dumplings
big southern cornbread, hot with butter
fried chicken and mashed potatoes, butter beans
pan sauteed veal marsala and roasted potatoes
chicken cacciatore over roasted potatoes
paella
cuban yellow rice and chicken
homemade ravioli
redbar paneed chicken and mashed potatoes

I better quit now...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
there ain't enough room on this thread to list my favorite comfort foods. but pasta would be at the top of my list. gorganzola pasta, shrimp pasta, pasta with fresh tomato and basil, baked rigatoni, spaghetti and meatballs (all homemade sauces of course).

steak and baked potatoes
chicken and dumplings
big southern cornbread, hot with butter
fried chicken and mashed potatoes, butter beans
pan sauteed veal marsala and roasted potatoes
chicken cacciatore over roasted potatoes
paella
cuban yellow rice and chicken
homemade ravioli
redbar paneed chicken and mashed potatoes

I better quit now...

Oh the power of suggestion....

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Have you had the ones at Hibiscus? Very yummy!

Nope not yet.

Toots we're having the comfort pasta dinner tonight with meat sauce with family. The regular Sunday thing..Even more comforting when its sleeting, raining, hailing and the winds a blowing today. So we'll pig out, then march to the couch and watch a good movie.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Nope not yet.

Toots we're having the comfort pasta dinner tonight with meat sauce with family. The regular Sunday thing..Even more comforting when its sleeting, raining, hailing and the winds a blowing today. So we'll pig out, then march to the couch and watch a good movie.

we're doing the exact same thing!!!! a big pot of homemade tomato sauce with a little Italian sausage for extra flavor, served over spaghetti. maybe some garlic bread. and sopranos for entertainment. maybe even one last fire in the fireplace. it's rather cool today.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Nope not yet.

Dang it, Mangy! For some reason, I thought you were leaving THIS past Saturday! Yesterday! Are ya freezin'? Is the Nor'easter there?

we're doing the exact same thing!!!! a big pot of homemade tomato sauce with a little Italian sausage for extra flavor, served over spaghetti. maybe some garlic bread. and sopranos for entertainment. maybe even one last fire in the fireplace. it's rather cool today.

Hmmmmmm....I think I remember you offered to cook for me once.....:drool: :D