• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kelly1964

Beach Crab
May 9, 2008
Hi to All! :wave:
My husband and our two girls ( age 10 and 15) are coming in this weekend and spending a week at Walton Dunes in Seagrove Beach. It is our fourth time in the panhandle area, but our first stay further east than Destin. I would appreciate info from the experts on the best places to rent bikes, kayaks, buy groceries, eat dinner, etc. We are looking to relax and enjoy, not "try to do and see it all". Any hints on how to avoid tourist traps are also welcomed!

Kelly

seacrestgirl

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2006
Griffin, GA and Seacrest
Check the board. There are millions of suggestions under dining, sports, entertainment! You will have a great time no matter what you decide to do! I will go ahead and wager that you will return to 30-A time and time again! :welcome:

Snapper Grabber

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2005
My husband and our two girls ( age 10 and 15) are coming in this weekend and spending a week at Walton Dunes in Seagrove Beach. It is our fourth time in the panhandle area, but our first stay further east than Destin. I would appreciate info from the experts on the best places to rent bikes, kayaks, buy groceries, eat dinner, etc. We are looking to relax and enjoy, not "try to do and see it all". Any hints on how to avoid tourist traps are also welcomed!

Kelly

Eat at Angelina's and Yanni's. Buy groceries at Publix. You will see bike rentals on 30-A. Go to Dear Lake State Park and walk on the boardwalk through the Grove to an almost deserted beach. Get Pizza from Pizza by the Sea. Ride East on 30-A toward Rosemary Beach to explore the area. Sight see in Watercolor. Get icecream in Seaside. You will love it all!

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove

Kelly

Avoiding tourist traps will be easy - just stay on 30A, don't venture in to Destin or Panama City. :D

All my recommendations are for businesses close to Seagrove. There are lots of other great spots up and down 30A. Browse or search the various sections of SoWal for lots of others.

Search the restaurant section on SoWal. There have been numerous threads on reviews and recommendations. Everyone has their favorites, and there really are only a very few eateries on 30A that you wouldn't find satisfactory.

Basic groceries at Publix on 395. Specialties from Modica Market in Seaside. Seafood at Goatfeathers.

Since you're in Seagrove, the most convenient bike rental would be Butterfly Bikes. Get your kayak rentals at Yellowfin. Again, there are plenty of other good ones, but those are the closest and most convenient.

For entertainment, take in any of the 3 current Seaside Rep Theater productions.

Have a relaxing visit.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome:

I know how you're feeling. When I go some place new I want to know what's going on beforehand. But in SoWal it's all good. Everywhere you turn you'll be thrilled, and yet it's small enough where you won't be overwhelmed with choices. Prepare to relax and enjoy.

jamie

Beach Lover
Mar 3, 2007
Hi Kelly,
if you get a chance to visit the inside of Modica market do it. (Even if you buy your groceries at Publix, which by the way is my favorite Publix on earth.) The Modica Market is just cool on the inside and unique. I love it in there. But then again, I am a foodie! :)

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
Make a point to see Deer Lake State Park between Seacrest and Seagrove. It would be easy to over look if you're not looking for it... just small signs and a dirt path... but so beautiful, and as someone else pointed out, the beach has been nearly empty each time I've been there.

And try to be on the beach for as many sunsets as you can. The light during that time of the evening is phenominal.

Kelly1964

Beach Crab
May 9, 2008
I'm in heaven!

Walked down to Deer Lake today. It is beautiful. Just my family and a couple fishermen casting in the gulf. We are at Walton Dunes, but it is so worth the short walk for the privacy. I can't believe no one else comes down there. :D