• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
Information on these two meetings was announced at the county commissioners meeting this past Tuesday. Thought it would be important to pass along ...

This Friday, January 13th, there will be two scoping meetings for the partial revision of our Comprehensive Plan.

At 1:00 there will be a meeting between the county and certain agencies. (e.g., the NW Florida Regional Planning Council.) The agencies will express any issues of concern they have to the county. The public is invited to listen but you can't speak at this meeting.

At 6:00 p.m. the public hearing will begin. The purpose of this hearing is to hear comments from the public on issues of concern in the community. (e.g., density, traffic, clearcutting, etc). If you can attend, it is so important that you be there. Even if you don't speak or have any burning issue it will give you a "heads up" on some potential changes in our law.

Also, it shows that the public is interested in their community and that you want to be a part of the process that determines the laws.

If you can't go, please send your concerns or suggestions to our Planning Director, Pat Blackshear. Please feel free to copy me on any emails to let me know of your issues and/or suggestions.
Pat's email is: blapat@co.walton.fl.us

The meetings will be held at the Linkside Conference Center, Sandestin Resort, 9300 Emerald Coast Parkway West, Miramar Beach.

The scoping meetings will identify the issues to be addressed for possible inclusion or deletion from our Comprehensive Plan. The list of issues will then go to the Planning Commission and the County Commissioners for review.

Once the issues are finalized , planning staff will begin the review process. There will be some more public hearings and then the package will be sent to the State for review.

It is important that the public get involved early on.

I hope to see you there.

Anita Page
SWCC Executive Director