• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Hoover AL and Seagrove Fl
My current AC company just told mne that they would not replace our roof top condo (4 stories) unit when the time came even though I have a service contract. Since it is 10 years old, we are likely near end of life. I am looking for another company that will be willing to install to take over my contract. There has to be a way, either crane or hoist through the access to get the unit up on top. I realize that is extra cost.

Anyone know of a relaible company that will do this?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sounds to me like it's an issue of energy efficiency. In other words the new unit has to be energy efficient. This may cause even more havoc as the new units generally need additional room.

If you have an association manager you may want to contact them to see if this has been tackled before. I know of several condos on 30A that have a/c nightmares due to the larger units.

Solar Steve

Beach Comber
Sep 27, 2014
Call the expert: Gary Kemper @ Affordable Air & Solar. (personal)(c)850-685-5928
We are in the process of opening our "Energy Center" location on 5480 Hwy 98 West in Santa Rosa Beach.
Next to John, John Automotive.
Gary has been in the HVAC here for over 20 years.
HVAC, Service contracts, monitoring, Solar energy system, Solar Panels etc...Solar Control Window Film, Window treatments & more....
Call him at 850-622-1871 or (c)850-685-5928

Thank you,
Steve
Solar Sunsations, Inc. & Solar Life, inc. 850-687-0646

Seagrovestateofmind

Beach Lover
Mar 9, 2012
Hoover AL and Seagrove Fl
It's not an efficiency concern. Current unit performing fine, but 10 years in the salt air is not good. All of the condo complex units are on the roof and original units are builder grade. Was told that the compressor had been replaced at appx 5 years. I am looking to build a relationship with a new company knowing that they typically discount install prices for current customers.

I appreciate all of the input. Keep it coming.