• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beach lover said:
Is it legal for crews to work on Sunday's? I don't mind some work but not loud machinery.
There is no County ordinance against it. Some subdivisions, such as WaterColor have bans on working Sunday. I think Seacrest also has some restrictions on that.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
There IS a noise ordinance in SoWal, passed last year. Obviously a noise ordinance doesn't ban all work and it includes things besides work related noise.

Sundays: No noise
M-F: Allowed hours are 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: Allowed hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (I think--not too sure about exact times on Sat.)

Coast is Clear

Beach Lover
Jun 26, 2005
Atlanta/Seaside
Seaside is pretty strict with contractors:
-I think the hours contractors can work is not before 8 am and until 5 pm weekly. No on holidays when more renters would be on site.
-No loud music
-No cursing
-No garbage on site
and they are restrictive on where vehicles are parked and dumpster is placed.

Not incredibly well enforced as I have been woken up by nail guns and compressors more than once before 7:30 am. :dunno:

Separately, no leaf blowers are allowed for residential maintenance, too noisy :clap_1:

All in all it is for the benefit of the renters and residents :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Camp Creek Kid said:
There IS a noise ordinance in SoWal, passed last year. Obviously a noise ordinance doesn't ban all work and it includes things besides work related noise.

Sundays: No noise
M-F: Allowed hours are 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: Allowed hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (I think--not too sure about exact times on Sat.)

CCK, I know your husband is in the construction business and he probably knows the scoop. However, I cannot find a noise ordinance in the County Ordinances for all of Walton County. Will you give an ordinance number? I seem to recall something regarding construction noise and times, but I do not see it. I do see noise ordinances for specific locations including Grayton Beach, CHAPARREL ESTATES, HIDDEN HARBORS AND HOLIDAY SHORES.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Smiling JOe said:
CCK, I know your husband is in the construction business and he probably knows the scoop. However, I cannot find a noise ordinance in the County Ordinances for all of Walton County. Will you give an ordinance number? I seem to recall something regarding construction noise and times, but I do not see it. I do see noise ordinances for specific locations including Grayton Beach, CHAPARREL ESTATES, HIDDEN HARBORS AND HOLIDAY SHORES.

Check with the Building Department. I also tried to find it on the internet with no luck. The noise ordinance was enacted last year. My husband has a copy at work, but I don't have one in front of me. Every contractor knows about the noise ordinance--they get the info at permitting.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
The link to the code is in my post above.

I see the ordinances for the specific locations which I mentioned, but general noise ordinances is "reserved" for future use. Do you know how often the municode is updated?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
I see the ordinances for the specific locations which I mentioned, but general noise ordinances is "reserved" for future use. Do you know how often the municode is updated?

Sec. 9-148, general prohibitions, looks like the ordinance that was approved for south of the bay. It appears they have it under the wrong section. I'm sure you could get a copy directly from the county e-mailed or faxed to you to be sure.