• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Easternlake lady

Beach Comber
Jun 17, 2013
We are finally planning to build our beach home on a lot we bought in 2001 (in the Dalton Cottages area near Eastern Lake). A couple of years ago we asked around and were told we could build for between $150 - $175 per square foot. Since then it looks like things may have picked up. Would those pricing estimates still be valid? Thanks!

sadie1

Beach Lover
May 31, 2009
every builder will tell you it depends on what you want. I asked a builder about 10 months ago and he said he can build for 150 a square foot. but i'm sure theres tons of overages

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I would recommend you contact a local builder. Ralph Gage Construction, General Contractor. Prices fairly and honestly. He has built many homes in the Dalton Cottage area. 850-585-4616.

jeffreyb_30319

Beach Comber
Jan 31, 2008
I'm going to build a house this fall for one of my investors at Dalton Place, we are also building houses for folks in Greenway Park, Watercolor, the Hammocks, Barbery Coast, etc from 1500 sq ft to over 5000 so we cover a lot of price ranges. I'd be glad to give you a budget number if you want to give me a call at 797 3382 or email hemingway30a@gmail.com. Jeff

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Lewis Jones has been building homes along 30A and other areas of Walton county for 25 years. We purchased a lot just north of Gulf Place last year and Lewis will be working with us on a Coastal Cottage plan to begin construction later this year. He is wonderful to work with, is hands on, and builds on a cost plus basis. The only time any costs change are if you, the client upgrades or adds something. Please contact him at 850-974-9636 or Email him at: ffimg@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Beachberbs

Beach Lover
May 24, 2008
Thomas Gallion built our home here in Seacrest and did an outstanding job. I would highly recommend him. His number is 850-257-4445 He is very hands on. Has been featured in Southern Living Magazine and worked on the 2012 Coastal Living home in Rosemary.

Mello Yolo

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2012
So, returning this thread back to the OP's intent, what are representative costs per sq ft for "good" construction these day?. I understand the major cost drivers, and I realize "good" is a personal perspective. Have lumber, etc, etc costs and local lulls/demands for new construction resulted in a change, or perhaps a pricing trend?

(Please note: this posting is not requesting endorsements nor promotions for any specific GC.)

Zac

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2012
30A
I got a guy that can build for you in the $125-135 range and that's with hardwood floors, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances. So I would hope your estimates would still be valid or you might want to check around. best regards