• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
So I have been reading Cecilia Jones campaign material. Of particular interest is her effort to take credit for a new park on North Eden Drive off of Chat Holley Rd. Nice enough park, I guess, but she should also disclose that it is less than 200 ft from her front door -- at the end of a dead end street with no signs giving people directions to this hidden jewel of a park. Lucky her. I bet she enjoys it. I don't want to give out her address, but you can Google map it and see for yourself. Walton County has had this sort of foolishness for too long.

Feel free to share with other county residents.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
Hopefully, the voters won't re-elect any incumbents. I hope the voters will also take the time to find out something about the candidates' qualifications. Some of the candidates have lots of signs up all over, but they don't seem to have very impressive credentials.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hopefully, the voters won't re-elect any incumbents. I hope the voters will also take the time to find out something about the candidates' qualifications. Some of the candidates have lots of signs up all over, but they don't seem to have very impressive credentials.

I agree. At least not credentials I am looking for in a county commissioner.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Are any candidate platforms posted anywhere on the net? I haven't seen any on here, except one, which I appreciate. Before I decide, I would like to attend a few candidate forums and make an informed decision. If I hear of any forums I will post.

ricky bobby

Banned
Aug 24, 2011
Tallahassee, Fl
Are any candidate platforms posted anywhere on the net? I haven't seen any on here, except one, which I appreciate. Before I decide, I would like to attend a few candidate forums and make an informed decision. If I hear of any forums I will post.

I'd also like to see a candidates forum, not only for the commissioner's race but also the school board and superintendent. I noticed that the Democrat who qualified for superintendent published some information but the Republican challenger has nothing about herself. On Facebook, her profile is hidden from the public and the only other info I can find is that she's a member of the Tea Party FB group. I'm not interested in seeing a name on a sign, I'd like to know a little about a candidate's education, work experience and what exactly they plan to bring to the position.

DaleDalbey

Beach Fanatic
Nov 1, 2011
I'm not interested in seeing a name on a sign, I'd like to know a little about a candidate's education, work experience and what exactly they plan to bring to the position.

I think some of the Republicans think that all they have to do is let you know their party affiliation and that is enough. The same thing happens in largely Democratic areas, I am sure. We just have to make them all understand that we will defeat them if they are not accountable to us.

meggiemom

Beach Lover
Jun 24, 2012
Walton
I'm not inclined to vote for anyone who doesn't put out some information about themselves. It makes me wonder if some people run as a diversion to assure the election of someone else.

ann watson

Banned
Jun 26, 2012
Seagrove Beach
I think some of the Republicans think that all they have to do is let you know their party affiliation and that is enough. The same thing happens in largely Democratic areas, I am sure. We just have to make them all understand that we will defeat them if they are not accountable to us.

I haven't seen much accountability in Walton county. As far as the county commission race goes, I suspect Ms. Jones will be re-elected simply because the people voting against her will split the votes among the other candidates. She undoubtedly will receive the most funding. There are no runoffs in Florida are there? At this point I don't know who I'll vote for but it won't be for any incumbents except the ones running without opposition.

timpauls

Beach Crab
Jan 29, 2008
I have a election web site: www.electtimpauls.com that provides alot of information about me, and what I think needs to be done. Contact info is there too. Tim Pauls (R) Candidate for Commissioner D-5

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Some food for thought and a question or two. There were two candidates for Dist. 5 until late May or early June. The choice was clear, either the incumbent or the challenger, Cindy Meadows. All at once, Tim Paul enters the race at the last minute. I do not understand why he did not make his intentions known much earlier. What he will do is split the vote, pure and simple. Was this his intention once Ms. Meadows announced that she would run? This is exactly what happened the last time in Dist. 5 when Alan Osborne and Bob Hudson split the vote. ann watson is correct. The only solution is for voters to realize this is happening and act accordingly.

Cindy Meadows was a Walton County Commissioner for all the people of Walton County. Observing her for all of her term, I saw no special interests given any leeway whatsoever and that was during the time of the most development in South Walton. It is my understanding that she did not run again due to extenuating personal circumstances. She deserves to finish the good work she did so well previously.