• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
So they know about it when it comes to including it in the budget, but have no knowledge of it otherwise?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
So they know about it when it comes to including it in the budget, but have no knowledge of it otherwise?

Makes perfect sense right?

In the words of BCC Chapman..."the grand jury could indict a monkey" so, let's get this show on the road and line those monkeys up!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Go watch the video. Here I've cued it up for you:

Board of County Commissioners on 2015-10-13 4:00 PM - Regular Meeting - Oct 13th, 2015

It goes on from there and based on what I can hear it appears this was a tax collected by the collectors office and paid directly to the city thus bypassing the county budgeting process. There may or may not have been something notifying the county of this transfer, but it's probably been sent since 1915. It sounds like it was discovered and was being addressed as early as June or July of 2014 by county staff.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Oh my, just another mistake. No wonder Bill Imfeld made so light of the Grand Jury report Tuesday night. This happened under his watch, and where was Carr Riggs and how did they just miss this for years. Just one more thing. The BCC, my oh my. We need anothre Grand Jury not for who fired who but who is minding the store!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Larry Jones??????????? God help us all.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
State needs to appoint a Special Prosecutor from outside this area.

No Eddins & Co.

FDLE needs to step in as well, division of Executive Investigations.

Time for ADKINSON to step aside and let someone without family connections come in and give an unbiased opinion.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
Road and bridge tax? I don't understand why a bridge tax and I'm even more confused about the road tax.

Defuniak has 2 (state maintained ) highways. 331 N/S and hwy 90 E/W We have a single train track bridge that runs approximately 200 to 300 feet (if that) across hwy 331 @ hwy 90 and the bridge is taken care of by the Federal Govt. All other roads inside the City limits are the Cities responsibility. WTH have we been paying on for 101 years?

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
The Tax Collectors office sends a "Distribution Report" to the OMB Office at the end of each fiscal year showing collections and "Distributions" made from the Ad Valorem taxes collected on behalf of the County. I have attached the copy of the 2014 report which I obtained by a Public Records Request. I knew this report existed based on my tenure with the SWMCD. I reviewed it annually after our Account used it to reconcile what we had budgeted against actual receipts.

If they were unaware of the "distribution" they either don't reconcile their receipts or they are incompetent.

I was cut off by "The Hammer" (was the OMB Director for many years) or I would have shared additional information.

I confirmed today that the letter sent to the County Administrator in July WAS NOT shared with Commissioners prior to the meeting. (Had it 3 months)

Attachments

• WALTON COUNTY BOCC DISTRIBUTION BREAKDOWN BY DISTRICTS.pdf
    288.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I was cut off by "The Hammer" (was the OMB Director for many years) or I would have shared additional information.

Imfeld cut off a Public Records Request?

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I would still like to know what roads and bridges inside Defuniak have been paid for or is that just what they called the payment?