• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Someone graciously sent me an excel document of the county wages. Interesting. I'll try to sum it up.
The lowest wage is $7.21, there are 5 people who earn under $8.
35 workers make under $10.
61 worker make under $11.
114 workers make under $12.
150 workers make under $13.
209 workers make under $14.
263 workers make under $15.
There are 192 workers who earn between $15 and $30.60.
51 workers make between $34,574 and under $50,000.
36 Workers earn in the $50,000 range.
15 Workers earn in the $60,000 range.
14 Workers earn in the $70,000 range.
14 workers make between $80,000 and $90,000.
6 workers earn in the $100,000 range.
Of the 263 workers that earn under $15, 190 are male, and 118 are female.
The highest paid worker earns $127,509, Pat Blackshear.

These findings are of my own and may have error.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida
I hope that this person didn't send you confidential information within this spreadsheet...

Of the 263 that make under $15/hr, what is the breakdown of full-time to part-time?

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I hope that this person didn't send you confidential information within this spreadsheet...

Of the 263 that make under $15/hr, what is the breakdown of full-time to part-time?

I will not post any names, or any other info. As a tax payer, we should be privy to what our dollars are paying our employees. There are 7 temp to FT employees, 1 new pt, 131 new employees. 4 are AR. the rest are COLA.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Just doing the math, the people making $30.60 per hour must be part time, because if they were full time, they would be making more than $60K per year, which would bump them into another category on your chart.

BTW, just because you want to know the info, doesn't necessarily mean that the information should be public knowledge. I'm sure that you realize that if the information is deemed confidential, the person who gave you the info, could lose their job.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm sure the county employees that post and lurk on SoWal are thrilled to know that someone is sending out their salary info. Even if it is public knowledge, it doesn't appear to be very ethical or productive on the part of the "gracious someone".

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Why are you posting this? :dunno:

Do you feel some are underpaid or some are overpaid?

'cuz right now all I'm getting is that 1) someone gave you info you shouldn't have 2) everyone working for the county makes more than minimum wage.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I don't think it's confidential???

This type of info was provided to me for the DFS city budget in it's annual budget report. I just didn't post it. Used some minor stuff for an article.

I think it's public info that anyone can get.:dunno:

The information is public record. These type of spreadsheets are obtained by the WCTA and other interested individuals on a regular basis to try to analyze pay scales and salary studies. All you have to do is make the request to the Human Resources section of the Board of County Commissioners. Personally, I find it very interesting that instead of the discussion being on the actual wages and how it compares to the private sector, everyone immediately focuses on the information being obtained in some sort of unethical manner.

And to why the thread was started, a month or so ago someone made some comments against tax cuts saying that local government workers were underpaid. Also on another thread the question was posed if deputies were going to get their pay raised to the national average. How can you have these discussions if you do not take into account what current pay grades are? Could you imagine arguing that the TDC Director is underpaid for the job then finding out it pays $122K+ per year? That may still be underpaid, but how could you make an argument either way without knowing how much it was?

Now all of you go Vote Yes on amendment 1 tomorrow and check out mittromney.com!

http://tv.mittromney.com/?showid=728176

Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It may be public record, but I would rather see that info presented in a method other than an anonymous person on a message board. It just feels wrong.