CR 83 Beach Access Photos Aug 9 2005

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Smiling JOe, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

2. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

This is a legal access? It looks like dunes to me. :idontno:

3. Ocean Lover

Ocean Lover bean

Thanks for the new pictures SJ. Looks like part of the day was beautiful then it got stormy. What's the deal with the horse trailers?

4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

This is located at the public access. The reason it looks like dunes in the photo is due to the dumping of sand (yes, sand!:D) there all day long. The dozer is pushing it onto the beach, probably to gain access for the big equipment in addition to provide an access to and from the beach. This access is for real. I can certainly see reason to ask. This site is where the red/brown dirt was dumped two weeks ago. This ramp will help the homeowners have access to shore-up there homes on the beach side, as well as providing public access. Be careful because those guys on the equipment, while being observant cannot see a little kid jumping in behind them while backing up. I saw too many parents not holding onto their 3 yr olds right beside the moving dozer today. While this construction is going on, you should use extreme caution when around this equipment, esp with your kids.

Regarding stormy weather, yes it did get stormy, but to me, that is more beautiful at times like today.

The horse trailer info can be found on the thread regarding septic tanks. They owned by James Ray and parked in Gulf Trace. Maybe Mr. Ray figures that if people dont like his blocking of the sewer coming in and septic tanks on the beach in Gulf Trace, this will take their minds off of that for a while.
    Or, maybe he thinks that since he cannot rent his 7 or 8 Gulf front properties, why should anyone else be able to rent their Gulf Trace homes.
    Bottom line is that I cannot claim to know someone else's reason for doing the things they do. Maybe he has ligit reasons.:idontno: What do you say EZ4144? Care to speak up? Maybe he just likes being the sh_t.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005