• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tripinbrums

Beach Comber
May 21, 2009
We rented a pontoon in June to take our kids to Crab Island. It was a Sunday, and it was so crowded. We have been before, but that was years ago( 12). Was it crowded only because it was Sun. or is it always like that even during the week? We rarely go into Destin when we are vacationing in Seagrove. We just didn't expect the crowds, the pizza man, floating bar, band, subway man... crazy!:dunno:

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
We have rented pontoons under the Hathaway Bridge in PCB and gone out to Shell Island. There were others out there, but it wasn't too crowded. Never been to Crab Island.

kkddbb

Banned
May 13, 2009
weekends are always packed. the more people that move to the area, the more packed its gotten over the years. if you dont like crowds, head to shell island.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Shell Island is a much larger area and great for kids. You can take the boat down the bay side and walk over to the Gulf. Great area for snorkeling.

Destin in general is a nightmare this time of year. You couldn't pay me to go out there when its so crowded, let alone vacation for pleasure there. I enjoy the more relaxed atmosphere of 30a. Even at its peak, its still a joy and quite feasable to find an uncrowded stretch of beach... :) Shell Island would be a far better choice for boating!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I think it was Kimmifunn who called Shell Island the "world's largest urinal and watery ashtray" or something like that!:lol:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I think it was Kimmifunn who called Shell Island the "world's largest urinal and watery ashtray" or something like that!:lol:

Crab Island?

:lolabove:

John R, poor jdarg just left the ATL and has big city brain. We forgive her.

We should be enjoying some pics from CI, soon. :wave: