• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Here is my warning again to all of you who may not know about it. Leave your crap on the beach overnight, and it may be gone when you come back the next day. If I don't take it, the storms may. This morning while kayaking in the Gulf, I collected floating bottles, a play tug boat,a boogy board and two beach chairs, and can you believe the owners were screaming at me that the chairs belonged to them, though they wouldn't come in the water to get them because they didn't like the seaweed? It didn't make for too exciting of a kayak experience this morning. I made them promise to take their crap off the beach everyday in exchange for the chairs. There were tents in the water this morning, crumbled tent frames and tops on the beach, etc. It really sucks that some people do not have the courtesy to remove their crap daily.

Warning: You can take it off the beach, or I will. I am tired of it. Now get a move on before I decide to open a can of whoop-@ss on you rude, inconsiderate people.

bsmart

brain
Aug 19, 2005
Atlanta, GA.
Smiling JOe said:
Here is my warning again to all of you who may not know about it. Leave your crap on the beach overnight, and it may be gone when you come back the next day. If I don't take it, the storms may. This morning while kayaking in the Gulf, I collected floating bottles, a play tug boat,a boogy board and two beach chairs, and can you believe the owners were screaming at me that the chairs belonged to them, though they wouldn't come in the water to get them because they didn't like the seaweed? It didn't make for too exciting of a kayak experience this morning. I made them promise to take their crap off the beach everyday in exchange for the chairs. There were tents in the water this morning, crumbled tent frames and tops on the beach, etc. It really sucks that some people do not have the courtesy to remove their crap daily.

Warning: You can take it off the beach, or I will. I am tired of it. Now get a move on before I decide to open a can of whoop-@ss on you rude, inconsiderate people.

Good for you Smiling JOe. It makes me ill to see folks doing that all of the time too. I especially have a problem with huge holes being dug and left alone.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
They have been properly warned, again. Sorry about your visit with the trash.

Beach Crazy

cracker
Aug 19, 2005
Arkansas
bsmart said:
Good for you Smiling JOe. It makes me ill to see folks doing that all of the time too. I especially have a problem with huge holes being dug and left alone.

Did you hear about the kid in California that was digging to China beside his mother at the beach and the hole caved in on him? He was without oxygen for like 5 minutes. The lifeguard and others were trying to dig but the hole kept caving in, finally they were able to stack up three deep and remove the sand that way. The boy is ok, he and his mother were on the today show this week. Very scary. Another great reason not to dig big monster holes on the beach.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
GO JOE, GO JOE, GO JOE!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: Nice to have ya, lookin' out for SOWAL!!!!! You people had better listen, cause BIG JOE'LL really mess with your vacation and rightfully so!!! :lol:

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
You are so right Joe - unfortunately, the people who need to see your warning probably do not frequent this space :dunno:

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Unplugged said:
You are so right Joe - unfortunately, the people who need to see your warning probably do not frequent this space :dunno:

I agree, but others to come in the future and might see this, will hopefully GET IT! :D I suppose that there will always be some, that don't even care to "get it"!:bang:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I am in need of a good umbrella with a big sand screw on it. :eek: (that sounds funny??)

let me know if you find one.....heheheheheheheheh!!!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
InletBchDweller said:
I am in need of a good umbrella with a big sand screw on it. :eek: (that sounds funny??)

let me know if you find one.....heheheheheheheheh!!!!!
What color? :funn:Canvas or nylon? :funn:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Last week when I was on Grayton Beach there were 8 holes at least 6 feet wide and several feet deep up and down the beach and by the lake. This was in the evening so they weren't going to get filled before the next day, if then, which I doubt. One hole was 5 feet deep and 12 feet wide. :shock:

What is wrong with this?

NOV049DZNEW.jpg

I wonder if we shuld open a rental shop with bikes, kayaks and Kubotas (delivery/pickup at the beach of your choice)? After all, what kid wouldn't want to get behind the stick of a kid-sized tractor?

KUBOTA%20CREDIT%201.jpg