• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

port albert

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
We are coming to Seagrove for our 12th January. I must go back to Ontario for a 1 day drinking water safety meeting. Checked fares from ECP and was shocked. The lowest 1 stop fare to Toronto was $491 US. The lowest Delta only fare was $1278.

Checked VPS and found that there were numerous US Airways and Delta fares ranging from $329 to $349.

Someone at the new airport needs to work on competitive fares to non Southwest destinations.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Perfect suggestion. Starting Dec 17, Vision Airlines will have direct seasonal flights from Niagra Falls to VPS (Ft Walton Beach), with prices starting at $79 one way. >>>more info

I know that EPC (Panama City Beach new airport) is trying to get some seasonal Canadian trips as well, but no details yet.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was so excited to fly at the new airport and get cheap flights with free bags .................. and the prices have all been so much more expensive than VPS or PNS I still haven't! :sosad:

I check every single trip and VPS has them beat every time by more than $100.

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
Perfect suggestion. Starting Dec 17, Vision Airlines will have direct seasonal flights from Niagra Falls to VPS (Ft Walton Beach), with prices starting at $79 one way. >>>more info

I know that EPC (Panama City Beach new airport) is trying to get some seasonal Canadian trips as well, but no details yet.

New airport code in Panama City Beach is ECP.

Flights to Niagara Falls are only on Fridays and Sundays~Hopefully you can fly out one of those days. Can't beat $79!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Regular rates at ECP are usually more expensive than VPS, but when you get the teaser rates, they are cheap, cheap, cheap, like $30 to Nashville, $60 to Chicago, etc, and bags fly free on Southwest.

I think it's interesting that VPS carriers didn't start getting competitive until after ECP came online. VPS now also advertises heavily on local area TV stations. Good old fashioned competition is good for everyone.

FlyVPS

Beach Crab
Nov 17, 2010
Hi Beach Crab. Great point! Newer does not = Better

We are coming to Seagrove for our 12th January. I must go back to Ontario for a 1 day drinking water safety meeting. Checked fares from ECP and was shocked. The lowest 1 stop fare to Toronto was $491 US. The lowest Delta only fare was $1278.

Checked VPS and found that there were numerous US Airways and Delta fares ranging from $329 to $349.

Someone at the new airport needs to work on competitive fares to non Southwest destinations.

:clap: In addition to low fares on Delta and US Airways, Vision Airlines just announced non-stop service from Niagara Falls, NY to Fort Walton Beach/Destin (VPS) for $79 each way. Go to FlyVPS.com for more information.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
:clap: In addition to low fares on Delta and US Airways, Vision Airlines just announced non-stop service from Niagara Falls, NY to Fort Walton Beach/Destin (VPS) for $79 each way. Go to FlyVPS.com for more information.

Then he/she has to rent a car and drive 2 1/2 hours each way to Toronto, just saying.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Regular rates at ECP are usually more expensive than VPS, but when you get the teaser rates, they are cheap, cheap, cheap, like $30 to Nashville, $60 to Chicago, etc, and bags fly free on Southwest.

That would be nice - last time I priced a flight to Chicago from ECP it was more than $500 round trip. :eek:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Southwest had teaser rates a few weeks ago at heavy discounts, but you had a 3 day window to buy tickets for future dates, and about a two weeks ago, they had good discounts but you had one week to buy tickets for future dates.