1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

Crush Wine Bar in Seaside Closing for Good

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by kurt, Sep 19, 2014.

1. kurt

kurt Admin Staff Member

https://www.facebook.com/crush30a

2. Bluznbeach

Bluznbeach Beach Lover

Too bad. I went there a couple times and found good food, a nice wine selection, and excellent service. I hope there's still room for all of that in Seaside!

3. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Never visited so I checked them out for reviews on YELP.....check it out Here are you reason's......more one and two stars back to 2011 than four and five stars....word to owners, monitor YELP, as an owner you can reply and correct bad service and hourly help...a lot of people check sites like YELP and Urbanspoon before visiting a new place.

4. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

True that, it is a measuring stick for all of my managers monthly.

5. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Last day is Saturday Sept. 27... be sure to visit before then. We really like this place and will miss it!

Lots of good reviews in SoWal Dining Guide on Crush dining page, such as:

The coolest spot in Seaside. The sushi is very good and such a great place to hang out and people watch.

6. 30aconcerned

30aconcerned Beach Lover

So what do you think about "restaurants" owners that have their establishments removed from Yelp because their reviews are/were so overwhelming bad?

7. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

They have an opportunity to respond. It should be an invitation to welcome them back in for a good experience. If the food sucks..well thats another story. May

8. Iris

Iris Beach Fanatic

I just love to read the Trip Advisor reviews and then there are the Owners/Managers responses. The Owners/Managers: some are gracious, some are humbled and then the others that are just down right defensive. They are actually fun to read. Some really blast the reviewers and then seem to have a "Come to Jesus Meeting" and change their strategy. The classy restaurants shine through....the ones where you want to spend your money.

I remember when honesty on a review could be written on SOWAL. Yes, you got the occasional blast out of the water....but that was about it. The good old days.

9. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

honesty is always welcome on SoWal.com in dining + food forum as well as in SoWal Dining Guide. Courtesy is also required. Some people have personal issues with an owner, and those posts aren't helpful and they go against forum rules. There have been many helpful reviews here, with excellent owner responses. One of my favorites is the recent complaint against Bruno's. That was one excellent response from the owner! With LOTS of exposure as a result.

Great recommendations are made here in the forum on a regular basis. That's what it's all about. It's not about trashing a local business. It's about elevating those that work hard, deliver an excellent product, and deserve it.

While I do like Trip Advisor and other food apps - and use them while traveling, SoWal.com is a local online community filled with people who really know these businesses and care about the local owners and staff, and community in general. We aren't just driving through and posting random reviews. It's a hyperlocal site where reviews really do matter.

Share what you love. Share what you don't love. Be honest. Be helpful. Mangia!

10. UofL

UofL Beach Fanatic

Went there this past summer. A/C wasn't working so it was pretty miserable experience for that reason. One other visit, a few years ago just for a glass of wine & to check out menu. Ellen

11. Beach Runner

Beach Runner beats on hood

Near the ATL and in SoWal as often as possible
    I don't trust online reviews. There are some that are very good (I always wonder if they are written by someone associated with the restaurant), then some that are very bad (I always wonder if the writer was just grumpy the owner of a competing restaurant). I especially don't trust online reviews of products. Case in point: I recently ordered a great-looking pair of leopard rain boots from J. Crew. There was a design defect -- where the elastic was sewn to the PVC there was a sharp seam on the edge of the PVC. I wore them around the living room for about 30 seconds, and they started cutting my feet. There's no way you could wear tights with them -- the tights would get ripped up. I looked at the reviews. Most people said that they returned them because of this defect. Someone even tried thick socks, and the boots still hurt. Yet a lot of people gave the boots a high score and said that they loved them. Had they not tried them on for more than 10 seconds?

12. m1a1mg

m1a1mg Beach Fanatic

I use Yelp and TripAdvisor. It's important to disregard reviewers with only 1 or 2 reviews. They seem to mostly be negative.

We tried Crush once. It was a 3 of 5. Not bad by any measure, but also not worthy of another visit.