• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

trying2makeabuc

Beach Comber
Mar 25, 2007
Wow, while reading this thread I see that a certain real estate agent poster has made 21,500 postings in the last 3 years. At 2 minutes a piece, minimum with the treatises he writes , and forgetting that he must read some of our musings, he has spent over 700 hours on this forum alone. Is this what most r.e. guys are doing while waiting for the market to turn?

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Wow, while reading this thread I see that a certain real estate agent poster has made 21,500 postings in the last 3 years. At 2 minutes a piece, minimum with the treatises he writes , and forgetting that he must read some of our musings, he has spent over 700 hours on this forum alone. Is this what most r.e. guys are doing while waiting for the market to turn?

I can tell you one story about the real estate agent you mention. He was able to sell a house for 90% of list price in October 2006 when the wheels had supposedly fallen off the market. The sell was closed within 60 days of the original listing and by the way, he wasn't the listing agent either. So, I think he has been doing a little more than sowalling.;-) Maybe he is just more efficient than some of the rest.:clap:

By the way, I think the buyer found him on sowal so it seems like it may be a good marketing tool for some. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I will also point out that the SoWaller to whom you refer, spent more than 40 hours after Hurricane Ivan passed through, taking photos of people's homes and posting them on SoWal.com so that the homeowners could feel more comfortable knowing the condition of their home, without having to hire someone to check on the homes for them. Add to that, the time that it took to take accurate notes on home condition, and reducing the image size of the photos, plus the time to upload them, and you will get more than 700 hours. Though, I can tell you that your average post time of two minutes is too long. I'm a fast typist. ;-)

By the way, I'm not a Realtor who tries to gain everyone's business. I want to keep my number of listings small, and be able to give excellent customer service to each of my customers. I think that is much more difficult when you have too many listings.

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
I will also point out that the SoWaller to whom you refer, spent more than 40 hours after Hurricane Ivan passed through, taking photos of people's homes and posting them on SoWal.com so that the homeowners could feel more comfortable knowing the condition of their home, without having to hire someone to check on the homes for them. Add to that, the time that it took to take accurate notes on home condition, and reducing the image size of the photos, plus the time to upload them, and you will get more than 700 hours. Though, I can tell you that your average post time of two minutes is too long. I'm a fast typist. ;-)

By the way, I'm not a Realtor who tries to gain everyone's business. I want to keep my number of listings small, and be able to give excellent customer service to each of my customers. I think that is much more difficult when you have too many listings.

And a smart one too...:cool:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Re: 2,500 Sqft under $300k in Miramar Beach

I pretty much agree with what Shelley said above. We will see a spike in inventory early 2008. Plus 2008 will be known as the "year of foreclosure" unless congress saves the subprime loans from ballooning:

"Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, seeking to limit damage from a subprime-mortgage crisis that threatens to end the U.S. economic expansion, said he's confident the government and banks will agree on a plan this week.
Paulson is negotiating a deal among banks, mortgage servicers and securities-industry lobbyists to fix some subprime mortgage rates before they reset higher and trigger a wave of defaults. The Treasury chief also proposed letting state and local governments temporarily exempt taxes on bonds issued to help refinance subprime borrowers."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071204/BUSINESS04/712040391/1002/BUSINESS

Joe,

So how long will it take to pay back a $500,000 (2/28) loan if the first 2 years were "interest only" payments and then next 5 years it is fixed at 3.5%? And what would the suits at "Now's a Great Time to Buy Hedge Fund" do when their promised 11% bond didn't pay out as planned?

Last edited:

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

:clap::clap::clap::clap:And he did all this with the prettiest smile I have ever seen.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
IMO the number of SJ's posts and the amount of time he Sowals are noone's business but his.

Do you think vacant lot prices will continue to fall?

Philip_Atlanta

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2005
www.rosemaryrental.com
So..here is a question, inventory is higher but there certainly are a lot more homes/condos nowadays. Does anyone know the increase in properties relative to the increase in inventory?

I do agree with Shelly - there doesn't appear to be any economic indicators that would point positively in 2008. Real estate markets are local, and this market might move a little upward in '08 but I don't hold out that that would be a light at the end of the tunnel.