• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beauford

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2015
Good Morning Volunteer Beach Ambassadors and Friends,

I have a new report from Josh Ervin, Walton County Beach Maintenance Manager.

"Effective today (7/24/18), Beach Maintenance will no longer respond to requests to fill in holes on private property. We will, however, respond to hole requests on public beach." Please refer to prior email regarding holes. It must be large enough to cause damage to life or vehicle. Email Josh the exact location and a photo with an object to indicate scale near the hole or in the hole. His email address is: Josh@visitsouthwalton.com

"Trash collection from private property will cease on August 13th. We will continue to collect garbage from our beach accesses, albeit in a different manner. This will probably require the collection stations to be relocated to the top-side of the walkovers."
"Code Enforcement is being held to the same constraints with regard to driving their trucks on the beach. They will, however, use alternative methods (i.e. ATVs, walking) to traverse the beach along the MHWL.

In addition, Josh wanted you to know how much he appreciates the Team's efforts.
As a reminder, we are currently active on Regional and Neighborhood Accesses only and along the Wet Sand line unless you live in an area with it's own private beach or you have permission from the owner or the owner's agent to be on a private beach. Our County Governance continues to work through the legal issues surrounding the revocation of Customary Use. As a team, let's continue to do our part and remain active where we are allowed. There are still many visitors lined up in the wet sand that can use your friendly greeting and educational information.

As always, I remain very proud of the job this team is doing. We are winning people over one friendly encounter at a time. Thank you for all that you do.

Laurie
214-505-6273