• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jellyfish

Beach Lover
Jan 6, 2006
Atlanta
1) Cypress Breeze- seems to be alot (no pun intended) for sale in there, and they have been working on that crazy pool for 2 years. Any take on what's going on?

2) Cypress Dunes- if I understand this, you can SEE the beach, but cant
walk to the beach- you have to go back out on 30A and go to the state park? I would think this would not be desireable. Why not buy further inland for less $$$?

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Mrs SkunkApe and I went and looked at some property in Cyrpess Dunes. It is in a great spot near 98, has a flank protected by state land and seems to also be protected from endless building of retail shops as is the norm in other places. My impression was beach access would be coming. If no direct access to the beach is the price to pay to prevent big houses from being built on the cusp of the dunes, I am all for it. :cool:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
It would be perfect with a walkover and that huge setback. I figure that people will find their way down to the beach through the park and over the dunes.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
kurt said:
It would be perfect with a walkover and that huge setback.
:bang:There is already a footpath along the eastern fence line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Jellyfish said:
1) Cypress Breeze- seems to be alot (no pun intended) for sale in there, and they have been working on that crazy pool for 2 years. Any take on what's going on?

2) Cypress Dunes- if I understand this, you can SEE the beach, but cant
walk to the beach- you have to go back out on 30A and go to the state park? I would think this would not be desireable. Why not buy further inland for less $$$?

1) Cypress breeze looks completely barren to me - I cannot believe how they were allowed to completely (at least seemingly) remove so many trees. Tragic decision as the development looks completely uninteresting to me - and that pool (aie aie aie - awful!)

2) Cypress Dunes on the other hand is much more attractive, much better care seems to be taken with both landscape and architecture and is obviously more favorably sited and as SJ stated, there is a way to the beach!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Chickpea said:
1) Cypress breeze looks completely barren to me - I cannot believe how they were allowed to completely (at least seemingly) remove so many trees. Tragic decision as the development looks completely uninteresting to me - and that pool (aie aie aie - awful!)

2) Cypress Dunes on the other hand is much more attractive, much better care seems to be taken with both landscape and architecture and is obviously more favorably sited and as SJ stated, there is a way to the beach!
Illegaly and damaging to the dune system!

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Dont make me pull out my naughty hat. You will not like stepping on rusty tacks.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
Chickpea said:

the developer, john willis, has had this as an issue from the getgo, and has probably suffered some sales because of it. concerned locals will need to be diligent, keeping the developer and the new property owners up to task regarding the use of the dunes as access.

jr

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Smiling JOe said:
Illegaly and damaging to the dune system!

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Dont make me pull out my naughty hat. You will not like stepping on rusty tacks.
yikes - i did not realize it was illegal....have not been there so did not know it was so.....terrible!

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
Chickpea said:
yikes - i did not realize it was illegal....have not been there so did not know it was so.....terrible!

Every step on the dunes causes sand to loosen. Every bucket that kids dig out them removes sand.

9 out 10 deaths in hurricanes are due to the storm surge. The 2 biggest defenses against storm surge are continuous high dunes and the beach shelf.

20 steps and 1 bucket of sand doesn't seem like much but multiply that by 50,000 or 5 million. Our dunes suffered tremendous damage last year from the storms. Experts are trying to figure out how to repair them or at least hold onto what we have left. Many of us who own here are paying high assessments to try to save our dunes.

Don't walk on the dunes or let your kids play on them. Tell people to get off the dunes if you see them on them.

We'll love you for it! :love:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Developers have plunked communities down tantalizingly close--but with no access--to the beach, and then advertised them as "X steps to the azure gulf waters." Developers only need to get their profits and get out of town--it's not their problem as to how people get to that beach, nor do they care. Given that the majority of homes/condos in the area are vacation rentals, trying to keep a weekly parade of "changing residents and the kiddies and pets they love" off the dunes will be impossible.