• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
We just got back from another wonderful vacation on 30- A. We did not have a bad meal at all, but one stood out, and that was D and K.

When we started up the stairs and could here the New Orleans music playing, just helped set the tone for something special inside.

Kat had set us up in the main room with a great view, but the waiter said we could set there or this smaller room, which we took, turned out it was the Ann Rice room, which help set up what turned out to be a truly outstanding meal.

My wife had the Sun-Kissed Martini Trio, WOW, the remoulade, was just perfect, and what HUGE crab claws. I being the gumbo junkie I am had to try Jaime's, and of coarse he had a great roux, which you must have. It was FULL of seafood, one of the best gumbos I have ever had, and I have had A LOT.

For the entrees, the wife had the Pan Fried Snapper with Seafood Cream Sauce , and I had the Grayton Grouper with Soft Shell Crab. Both just so fresh, and SO much food. Of coarse we had to try Kat's famous Key Lime Pie, and that just toped the whole meal off.

As good as that meal was,the setting t was just as good. You can tell they really put in a lot of hard work trying to make this a little bit of the Big Easy, at Grayton Beach.

Doug, Jamie and Kat made us feel right at home. Kat would come by every so often and talk with us about New Orleans, she just made the whole experience one that I will not forget.

I will close with this, if you don't go the D and K on your next visit, then you have missed out on a truly great place to eat, and there are some very fine places down on 30-A.

Thanks Kat, Doug, and Jamie!!!!

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
Your welcome tootise. We had such a good time at D and K. We are going back in a few weeks for a convention, and will be taking some customers of mine.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:wave: Thank you! Thank you! Bamabeachbum....we did have a blast that night! Of course Doug's great food helps.:love:

So glad you liked the Anne Rice room...it's my favorite. Intimate with a nice view....away from the crowd, and surrounded by beautiful art pieces! The colors are so calming and the angel pictures transport you to another time.

I can't wait till ya'll come back!!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: To you and all my other SoWal friends!!!!!:love: :love: :love: :love: TO ALL!!!!

Kat:blush: :wave: :welcome:

P.S. That was Doug's Gumbo.....he makes the best!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
We shall see you on Friday the 13th! YIKES!! Dougs Gumbo is good for the body ,good for the soul!!!:cool:

Here's another SoWall Celeb Picture! Thank you bbb and I look forward to seeing ya'll again on Friday....the 13th!:creepy: Ya'll look so "Celeb" in the bar.:clap: :clap:

Oooops I chopped some of my picture off to get my favorite champagne in.
See you soon! Thank you all for the pictures!!

:welcome: Back Mr. and Mrs. bamabeachbum!!!!:wave: :love: :wave: :love: