• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Doug & Kathy:arrow: :dunno: :dunno: :shock: :pissed: :idea: :nono1: :pissed: :banned::drink: :bang: :sosad: :blink: :scratch: :party:welcome: soon:!:

Hey eveyone!!!! That is how we feel at D&K's....all of the above. Just when we have made steps forward something knocks us back adding a week here and a week there. I had so hoped for October 15th as the opening, but it's hard to tell at this point. With restaurants the opening night just seems to pop up on it's on catching us all off guard. It's been 5 months and at this point we're trying to get everything right and kinks worked out. At least as many as we can. The first 6 weeks of a restaurant opening is likie riding a bull....hang on for dear life and hope you don't get kicked or trampled too much!!! That is the time most of the real kinks are worked out!

This will be a whole new experience for most of our staff. But it will be a win win experience for everyone. The cafe is just gorgeous and since this is our last restaurant we want to make it the best we can. This was such a BIG project and we have so many people to thank. Right now I especially want to thank Kelly Carr, who has hung in there with us while we battled with just about everyone who worked on the building. He is so patient and his work is impeccable. I can't wait to see him carrying food to your table instead of a hammer and saw. Without him I think we would not have made opening until January 2007.

Cathy Redmond is another staff member who painted, sanded, cleaned, and anything else that needed to be done. She is a doll. We have the best staff in all of South Walton!

Okay...so that's it kiddo's...will we make it October 15th...it's possible but not probable. And, when everything is in place I think we will all need a long weekend off before we open the doors. It's been 24/7 for just too long!

Remember! I will post it first here when we know the opening date for sure...unless someone leaks it to the press :roll: :nono1:

Thank you so much for you continued interest!:love:
Kathy
D&K's

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Kathy,

Y'all have a devoted group of people just waiting to be your guinea pigs!!! Just tell us when to be there. We tip big!! ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
How's it going over at D&K's? Still hoping to get a chance to dine there before we leave!

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Kathy,

Y'all have a devoted group of people just waiting to be your guinea pigs!!! Just tell us when to be there. We tip big!! ;-)

Sorry to be short but it is that time that we can't lose a second! Every month we think it's THIS MONTH....but noooooo:nono1:

Right now we expect to have a soft opening around November :scratch: the 2nd, 3rd and 4th... with no advertising. BUT we're still waiting for the final inspection. Things happen for a reason and we've had so many things to happen....so it must be for a good reason!!!

There are so many changes that have been made you will not recognise it when you walk in. I've heard it all from those who have come up the steps to take a peak. Yesterday was great everyone that came in told us how wonderful we were and how marvelouus the cafe looks. The day before I had one man say "OHHHH NO" when he saw it, "I liked it the old way"! Then right after him was a lady who asked if she could come in and take a peak I was in an okay mood so I said sure....she looked around , wrinkled her nose and said, "I don't know if I like it"!

So my friends we welcome those who want to experience something that takes you back to another time. A feeling of fun, laughter, dress to the nines or come in beach casual.

Ladies we have a special time for you to come to our intimate bar after work around 5:00-6:00p.m. to enjoy a glass of wine in a safe and beautiful place. We'll start that in a few weeks after we open. A special thanks to Donna Spears for suggesting it!:clap_1:

We are so very close and will let you know something in a week after the inspection.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!!:love:

Kat....D&K's Cafe

Beachbummette

SoWal Insider
Jul 16, 2005
Birmingham and Watersound
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

Hopefully you will make the opening of the first weekend in November, that is the film festival weekend :clap_1: We will be there! Keep us updated and we will be waiting.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
continue to send you best wishes...tough life...resturanting!