• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Dave for Prom King - 70's Style Surfer Party -- Fundraiser
Sunday, April 13, 5pm

I think the attached flyer says it all.
eat-drink-smiley-7834.gif
party-smiley-551.gif
surfer.gif
vana-bum-vanaweb-dot-com.gif
surfing.gif
party-smiley-17172.gif
party-smiley-565.gif
(Dancin' Dave)
party-smiley-7500.gif
party-smiley-9536.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5158.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5164.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5171.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5173.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5176.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5178.gif
eat-drink-smiley-5179.gif
eat-drink-smiley-7854.gif

Click on the attachment for details and to see the collage.

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I saw the flyer in the Rosemary Beach post office. It caught my attention as GiGi kids have been posting about lemonade stands the past few days so this was a change of pace...:lol:

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Dave Rauschkolb, Why not a Surfer for Prom King? Dude, come to my keg party.

Dude, I am running for Prom King.

Come to my Keg Party on Sunday Afternoon, April 13 at Bud & Alley's, Bring your Chick or Dude. Wear your 70's duds. $10 at the door, $1.00 draft beer, cool band. All the dough collected goes to the Seaside Rep. Buy a raffle ticket; The winner get's a surfing lesson from me. Dude, It's a surf party. Vote for me I can dance better than Ed Walborsky, fer sure Dude.
:cool:

Go Online and Vote for Me at www.seasiderep.org

View attachment 8457

View attachment 8458

Bio:

Dave Rauschkolb
Born July 15, 1961; Bitburg Germany, Military Brat

Attended Meigs Junior High School in Shalimar Florida; voted “Most Outspoken” by the student body in 1975 & 1976
Attended High School at Choctawhatchee High School in Fort Walton Beach Graduated in 1979. Ran the spotlights in school plays. Played trumpet in the Choctawhatchee Style Marchers 3 years.

Surfed competitively for 4 years; Eastern Surfing Association
Gulf Coast Men’s division champion in 1981

Attended Okaloosa Walton Junior College; received an Associate of Arts Degree

Attended The University of West Florida for 3 years majoring in management and marketing. At the age of 24, dropped out while enrolled in my last semester to open Bud & Alley’s Restaurant

Owner/operator, Bud & Alley’s Restaurant, Seaside, Florida from 1986 to present

Founding officer of the Scenic 30-A Business Association in the early 90’s; focused on preserving the character and beauty of Scenic 30-A through advocating bike paths, sign ordinances, building height limits and speed limits.

Former President of the Seaside Merchants Association

Served on the Board of Governors of the Seaside Institute

Why I agreed to be a candidate:

Community Theater brings interpretations of the life experience close in a way no television or motion picture can. It’s visceral, compelling and real. Far too much of our lives are spent with our minds swimming in technology. The REP productions are a welcome and refreshing reprieve from the lunacies of modern life.

I give to the REP for the same reasons I give to NPR, the Seaside School, The South Walton Montessori Academy and others. The Seaside Reperatory Theater is an established institution that is an element critical to the fabric of our community. The REP is important to me; it is as simple as that. If it means putting on a monkey suit to prove it; so be it. Let’s Dance!

Prom Experience?

I never went to the prom. In high school I was a short, freckle-faced kid with braces on teeth that were too big for my head. I never got up the nerve to even ask a girl to the prom and certainly dared not dream of being the prom King. Only football jocks got to be prom King; and besides, I was a surfer with no future. We just might have our first black man or woman for president, why not a surfer for prom King?

Last edited:

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Re: Dave Rauschkolb, Why not a Surfer for Prom King? Dude, come to my keg party.

I've seen Dave's high school photo. I'll vote for him if he brings back the hair. :clap: