• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
Although we have lived in the area forever, we have never been deep sea fishing. We would like to go around March timeframe and have no idea who to use. You all are such a wealth of knowledge so please give me your experiences and suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help!

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
where? destin, fort walton, navarr(?) and even pcb has a fleet but grayton has no harbor so who knows what it has

be prepared to spend some cash - fuel prices are already starting to do some summer mountaineering - look for that 'leaked' price destination of 3.00 for unleaded by easter (unless congress does something about it)

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I'd highly recommend Dead Fish. It launches off Grayton Beach and the captain is a lot of fun. And you spare yourself the crack of dawn drive into Destin, and you'll be fishing in about 15 minutes.

The number is 837-6860.

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
I had thought about Destin but it really doesn't matter where that much! Thank you so much for the info.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
CiaoBella said:
I had thought about Destin but it really doesn't matter where that much! Thank you so much for the info.

I love that sweetie in your 'tar. Reminds me of my little Jack Russell!!!!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
My husband went on the Daybreak with some friends and they caught tons of fish. You also need to remember that snapper season is closed until the middle of April. The last few times we have been out we only caught snapper which is great until you have to throw them back! :bang: Good luck and lots of fun.

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
rapunzel said:
I'd highly recommend Dead Fish. It launches off Grayton Beach and the captain is a lot of fun. And you spare yourself the crack of dawn drive into Destin, and you'll be fishing in about 15 minutes.

The number is 837-6860.
I'll second Deadfish. I haven't been with him but talk to him on the beach occasionally and he seems to be a heck of a nice guy. Oh yeah, he always has fish when I see him.

CiaoBella

Beach Lover
Apr 20, 2005
Thank you all for the information. Guess it would be better to wait until we can fish for snapper huh?

Kathy..his name is Jack (original right?) and he is a spoiled bed hog!

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
CiaoBella said:
Thank you all for the information. Guess it would be better to wait until we can fish for snapper huh?

Kathy..his name is Jack (original right?) and he is a spoiled bed hog!
Is he Jack the Jack Russell? So cute, reminds me of our beloved George. And do wait for the snapper, it is truly disappointing to throw back a big ole fish!