• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GraytonBound

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
The Nooga
SJ: so i guess you wont be meeting me at cocos?.....seriously though i am SO SORRY to hear you feeling so bad.....go to that health food store you talk about & get some good probiotics....it worked for otter after mexico & now the little otter is on them....

KURT: wish we had gone to grayton tonight to see the critters & help with the cleanup efforts....actually we stayed in tonight which was a nice change of pace....but we will be there throughout the week & pick up anything we see

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
Beach Runner said:
LOL. It's sort of like when I was a kid and ate too many Reese's and got sick. Even now when I look at a Reese's, it makes me nauseated.

Uh-oh! We're A.D.D.'ing - getting off the topic of this thread. I guess we get a grade of F for not adhering to the theme. :rotfl:

Oops...you're right BR! Sorry about that Kurt! And I'm sure we don't want to start another thread on food poisoning experiences, do we? :lol:

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
kurt said:
Grayton Beach was beautiful this evening. No sun, very still and flat, cloudy and monotone, with an obscured moon. Lots of sea critters out. I saw many birds, fish, crabs, and a sting ray. The lake is still open to the Gulf and probably would have closed in the next day or two but we got a lot of rain today.

The beach and dunes from the State Park on the east of Western Lake all the way over to Gulf Trace is nearly clean with just a few big pieces of debris (lumber) that I can't get in my truck.
AHHHHHH Kurt, thanks for the visual, you just made rainy, muggy St. Louis leave my head for a while....... :clap_1:

ktmeadows

Beach Fanatic
Jun 21, 2005
seagrovelover said:
AHHHHHH Kurt, thanks for the visual, you just made rainy, muggy St. Louis leave my head for a while....... :clap_1:

Hey neighbor....that's my hometown too! We've had some serious thunderstorms, haven't we? I understand some folks are still without electricity. And they're predicting even more for tomorrow.

Ahhhhh....what I wouldn't give to be on the beach at this moment! :D Hopefully that'll happen very soon. Unfortunately work back here keeps getting in the way of fun in the sun! :bang:

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Beach Runner said:
It's sort of like when I was a kid and ate too many Reese's and got sick. Even now when I look at a Reese's, it makes me nauseated.

I have that same problem with vodka. That's why I stick to scotch. :D

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Back to the topic of driving on the beach :D . . .

The current drive-on accesses have to maintained for emergency vehicles. They are also necessary for others to get on the beach for clean up and repairs to homes and boardwalks. So, letting the dunes rebuild in those small areas wouldn't happen anyway.

Also, the drive-on accesses have no parking lots so if vehicles were banned, it would basically close the accesses.

The issue is controlling the number of vehicles on any given day. Perhaps the county can go to a system similar to the beach fire permits where you buy a permit for a specific day. You could may a reservation several months ahead for the popular days. This would require planning ahead, but would certainly help.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
i don't think they should be able to drive on the beach myself. however, we usually plop down on the east side of t-time when we are there, and from what i can tell, the cars over toward the west are usually just sitting there, not driving at all. not bothering us at all. It seems like a very short space, and i don't think much driving can actually happen :blink:
i think that they should allow permits only for the folks who are putting in or taking out a boat. doesn't really seem to be much point otherwise.

reece

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
SlowMovin said:
I have that same problem with vodka. That's why I stick to scotch. :D

Mine was Tequila...that is why I stick to beer now. :D

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
SJ, I am sending good thoughts your way. I hope you feel better real soon. Take Care!!!! I miss reading your posts!!!!

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
luvthebeach said:
Hey neighbor....that's my hometown too! We've had some serious thunderstorms, haven't we? I understand some folks are still without electricity. And they're predicting even more for tomorrow.

Ahhhhh....what I wouldn't give to be on the beach at this moment! :D Hopefully that'll happen very soon. Unfortunately work back here keeps getting in the way of fun in the sun! :bang:
Hi luvthebeach!!! I have a friend that lives in valleypark who just got her electric turned on last night!!!! her whole fridge had to be thrown away, what a waste :roll: GO CARDS!!!!!!!! :clap_1: