• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BambooBay

Beach Lover
Apr 9, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
www.30A.com
Hi all-- If you're a Blues fan, be sure to mark the following dates on your calendar.... Kent's an old friend of mine, and he'll be in the U.S. from March 15 thru April. I talked him into coming down here to play some shows along 30A, so if you know anyone who would like to book him while he's in the area, please encourage them to email Kent asap at bluesobad@aol.com ...

CONCERT DATES:

Fri, March 21: Stinky's Fish Camp (Santa Rosa Beach, FL)
Sat, March 22: Stinky's Fish Camp (Santa Rosa Beach, FL)
Thu, March 27: Montgomery, AL
Fri, March 28: Fonville Press (Alys Beach, FL)
Sat, April 5: Marty's (Birmingham, AL)
Fri, April 11: Columbus, MS
Sat, April 12: Pirate's Cove (Orange Beach, AL)

ABOUT KENT DUCHAINE (www.kentduchaine.com)
Hailed by The London Times as "one of the five best concerts in the U.K.," Kent DuChaine is one of the last true Delta Bluesmen. Throughout his 40-year career, Kent has shared the stage with such music icons as John Lee Hooker, Bukka White, Willie Dixon, Howling Wolf, Margie Evans, Snookie Pryor and Johnny Shines--a man who spent more than three years on-the-road with the original blues legend, Robert Johnson.

In fact, Kent performed with Johnny Shines on his Grammy-nominated album, and in 1992, Kent proudly stood as a pall-bearer at Shines' funeral, an event which solicited mourners such as Bonnie Raitt and Eric Clapton.

Together with "Leadbessie" (Kent's beloved 1934 National Steel Guitar), Kent has played throughout the U.S. and has toured Europe and Scandinavia more than 50 times. Of Kent DuChaine, blues legend Willie Dixon said: "He reminds me of a young Muddy Waters."

Last edited:

JOE who

Beach Lover
"...last great delta bluesman..." I don't know about that... I'm from the Mississippi Delta and the BLUES LIVES STRONG IN THE MUSICIANS THERE... Sometimes i here people 'claim' they play the 'delta' blues... It's so much more than a paticular sound, it's a feeling... it'd be interesting to know if the guy has spent anytime in the mississippi delta (not memphis)...

Anyways,
Pineapple Willy's has a blues bar now, they might consider booking him...