• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
What a fantastic evening- according to the gate count, we had 93 attendees at the convention party! Amore was loud and proud and very blue!

Thanks to everyone, Democrat and Republican, that came to the SoWal Democrats first big event. Despite the heat, everyone had fun eating pizza, visiting with old and new friends, watching the speeches and bidding on the hand painted signs. We raised a lot of money that will be put to good use in strengthening the momentum of the Democratic party in Walton County.

Special thanks to Rapunzel who had the vision for this party and made it happen. She has such a passion for this election and it is inspiring. Steeling1 and JohnR made the silent auction for the signs a complete success - they are so capable and talented and every event that they touch is a success. Sowalgayboi and Destinscuba provided the big screen so we could watch the speeches on the patio- you guys are so great. Of course Amory and the Amore staff kept the pizzas and cold beer coming!

Meigsart (Chris Meigs) donated 2 beautiful signs- true works of art. Thanks so much for your generosity, Chris. Two people went home with some special signs!

And thanks to all who bought a sign, contributed money to the campaign, and came and cheered on Obama! Watching his speech with a group of supporters was a very special moment for my family!:clap:

Oh! One more thing- I met so many great people last night- this area has so many wonderful folks. (and I hope the nice couple from Lexington KY that stumbled upon the party will come on SoWal.com!)

Congratulations to all of you! Are there any signs left to purchase? My HOA won't allow the signs outside, but I would love to have one. I was unable to attend last night, but am working a phone bank on Saturday. It is great to see a revitalization of the Democrats in Walton County!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Congratulations to all of you! Are there any signs left to purchase? My HOA won't allow the signs outside, but I would love to have one. I was unable to attend last night, but am working a phone bank on Saturday. It is great to see a revitalization of the Democrats in Walton County!

Contact Rapunzel- I think she has a few left!

I was looking so forward to meeting you last night- maybe at the phone bank!

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
I got word from a reliable source that the party was a hit. I, like Kitty, knew that ya'll woud be happy and on cloud nine from his speech.

Congrats! :clap:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
My favorite:Doh, other than the Sowal Wenches one.;-)

I got the wench sign. we took pix last night of wenches and the wench sign. someone has them and will post at some point, no doubt.

oh it was truly a special night filled with friends, wine, food and a speech to end all speeches. we knew we were watching a very important moment in the history of our country. it was great to share that moment with fellow friends who truly believe in and embrace the vision that Obama articulates so well.

thank you punzy for making this party happen.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I spoke with Punzy when I was on the road...there may still be a sign for me! :D

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I really hate admitting this but we were having so much fun I left my signs at amore' last night. went to pick them up today and they were not there. I asked everyone. not a sign of my signs. I am posting this sad story in case anyone else has seen them. these are the signs:

1. Who Dat? (skunky's precious saint's/obama creation)

2. Wenches for Obama (scooterbug's masterpiece)

:sosad:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I really hate admitting this but we were having so much fun I left my signs at amore' last night. went to pick them up today and they were not there. I asked everyone. not a sign of my signs. I am posting this sad story in case anyone else has seen them. these are the signs:

1. Who Dat? (skunky's precious saint's/obama creation)

2. Wenches for Obama (scooterbug's masterpiece)

:sosad:

They will just have to recreate them for you. Skunky might have to take a day off. ;-)

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What a wonderful night.

I think my favorite part was the biker guy in a do rag cheering in the front. Never thought I'd see that.

Tootsie I swear I saw you leaving with your signs. I don't remember seeing them after you left either. I hope they turn up.

Next up the big blue bus!