• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Re: Dennis - damage reports

The beach erosion situation is going to be very similar to after Ivan. Very minor damage to properties that aren't directly on the gulf. Western Lake is over 30-A between Grayton and WaterColor, similar to Ivan.

The water is not high in the bay as during Ivan and is at more or less normal levels.

Rain has also been minimal.

clarkgore

Beach Crab
Jul 10, 2005
Atlanta

Seaside pavillion clarification, it was just the stairs that were taken out and that has just been confirmend by the Seaside Management Company by email.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

landlord said:
Kurt, Is there any reason that i cannot come down in the morining to check on my house at Seaside? Power still on?

The only power out I've heard about is a small area on the bay - probably just a tree on a line.

The area should be fine for travel, but it will be up to the county. We'll post as soon as we hear about travel on the travel thread.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

clarkgore said:
Seaside pavillion clarification, it was just the stairs that were taken out and that has just been confirmend by the Seaside Management Company by email.

That figures.

3 times in 10 months. :shock: Sounds like lumber co. stock would be an even better buy than St. Joe stock.

Maybe they can find this piece of the Tupelo Pavillion that was on Grayton Beach last night. It's probably next to the Red Bar now.

050709-dennis-082.jpg

landlord

Beach Lover

Kurt, Thanks so much for all your information...it is comforting to know what is going on and it is a relief that the result is mcuh better than expected.
clarkgore, thanks for the clarification on the walkovers at seaside.
i am assuming that the dunes will look the same as after ivan...not so great. and just when they seemed to be repairing themselves after cindy. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.