• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Re: Dennis - damage reports

Sea Turtle said:
Yikes. :sosad:
If the beach area in front of SeaWatch was badly damaged, how did the beach in front of Ramsgate do? It is only a few blocks east and much, much narrower thanks to Ivan.
Dunno. If I hear anything from our neighbors, I'll post it.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

Rosemary/Sand Cliffs/Camp Creek

Sorry for the bad news :sosad: :

Every beach walkover is completely gone including top steps/landings that survived Ivan. Severe dune erosion and septic tanks laying on the beach.
Every one of Rosemary's walkovers is gone. Cottages at Camp Creek walkover completely gone.

Severe beach erosion at Sand Cliffs neighborhood where some of the gulf front houses are now literally feet from a 10 foot drop to the beach below.

There is a white brick house next to Point of View condos that was slightly undercut during Ivan. It is now undercut 1/3 of the way under the house.

It is an extremely dangerous situation because there is no way to know how far uncut the beach is when you are standing on the cliffs. It is cut back maybe 7 ft.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well

Drat. I was hoping our new beach access miraculously survived. Thanks for looking and letting us know. I'll still be coming there with the kids a week from tomorrow, as long as the pool is working. Again, thanks for taking the time to look around and let us know what's going on at the beach.

Bergie

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Upper Peninsula of Michigan

:dunno: :dunno: ARE THERE ANY REPORTS ON THE CONDITION OF THE SAND DUNES AT SEAGROVE BEACH? For three months this past winter we watched the moving and replacing of the sand, and now this!!! Hopefully they're in decent shape.

It's bad enough watching people tromp up and down on them despite constant warnings. Thanks!

woodysgrl

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005

We are due in Seaside the 16th.

This site is fabulous for the first hand info.

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!

sanremo

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Birmingham

[Does anyone know anything about Santa Rosa Beach--Old Florida Village or San Remo?? Viscaya??? Thanks

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood

How did new Grayton fare? Red Bar? Bud's? 331? Thanks!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach

Paula said:
Drat. I was hoping our new beach access miraculously survived. Thanks for looking and letting us know. I'll still be coming there with the kids a week from tomorrow, as long as the pool is working. Again, thanks for taking the time to look around and let us know what's going on at the beach.

The pool should be fine. Pool Pals is very good about getting to all of the pools as soon as possible after a storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.