Dennis - Report from SoWal

Discussion in 'All About SoWal' started by Camp Creek Kid, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

We're still here hunkered down for the worst part of storm. Still have all utilities and cell service.

I'm at the Cottages of Camp Creek in the Seacrest/Camp Creek area. At this point, there doesn't seem to be much damage. The wind is pretty strong and I think/hope this is close to as bad as it is going to get. I can see a few shingles off the few roofs, but at this point, IT IS MINOR so please don't get worried.

Kurt lives in Pt. Washington where there are a lot of big trees so he may have power problems.

I don't know if we'll be lucky enough to retain power, etc., so you may not here from us again until after the storm. I'll get down to the beach as soon as I can, probably tomorrow a.m.

Take Care!! :wub:

2. clarkgore

clarkgore Beach Crab

Re: Report from SoWal

Thanks for the update. This is much more helpful than the debate between the "owners" and the "tourists".

3. lollygal

lollygal Beach Fanatic

Thank you so much for the info -- PLEASE keep us posted. We have property in the Seacrest area and are desperate for any news!! The Weather Channel can drive you crazy. Our nerves are shot. Stay safe, and keep us posted when you can.

4. southof30A

southof30A Beach Lover

Hang in there dude! I have a place at Capistrano just about a mile east of you. Good to hear damage is minimal so far. Luck be with you!

5. Camp Creek Kid

For all you interested http://www.wmbb.com is our local abc channel and they are providing live streaming of their broadcasts. All the local info you'll need before, after, during the storm.

6. Camp Creek Kid

Capistrano is just across the street--I can see it from my house, but I can't see the gulf. We're across the street from Point of View

7. rbryan

rbryan Beach Comber

New Orleans / Seagrove / Camp Creek Lake (Peilican

THANK YOU for the info. Our house is on Pelican Circle, on Camp Creek lake, so your reports are really reassuring. Please keep them coming as long as you can. We are in New Orleans and watching the Weather Channel helplessly...

8. southof30A

southof30A Beach Lover

Well at least you can see it (means it's still there...).

9. southof30A

southof30A Beach Lover

Ours is the 3rd and 4th floor on the east end of the building. The one with the hurricane shutters that never got put down!

10. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Snellville, GA., Seacrest/Seagrove as often as we

Thanks for the updates CCK. You take care! Our next door neighbor here in Atlanta has a daughter that is a reporter for WMBB, Kira Mathis. She has been reporting some today. I think she is still in over in Bay county at this point with the Sheriff's ofc and Red Cross.

You stay safe as it look like Dennis the Menace is about to be there! We have you in our thoughts and prayers!:wub:

11. JustBeachy

JustBeachy Beach Lover

30-A radio is off the air for now. I guess the winds are getting up there. Be safe everyone!

12. Bergie

Bergie Beach Comber

That comes from us, too, CCK. We've up in the Upper Peninsula of MI and all we have is 90 degree weather!!!! We've been watching the progression of Dennis all day.

Have you heard anything about Seagrove Beach (Beachside Villas)? We also know exactly where you are because we bike by the cottages everyday during the winter. Are you renting or do you own one? What a BEAUTIFUL spot!

Hopefully when you get this, things will have quieted down and you and yours are safe and sound.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  13. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

Our cable modem at Seacrest went down around 2:30 p.m. Still have power, answering machine still picks up.

14. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

15. Sheila

Sheila SoWal Insider

16. SlowMovin

SlowMovin Beach Fanatic

Can you see the Ramsgate Condos from your position? They're on 30-A right next to the tennis court on the Cox property. It's the place that took forever to get the gray vinyl siding back up after Ivan.

17. Camp Creek Kid

I checked out Ramsgate and they looked just fine. The siding stayed on this time around. :clap_1: I did not see the beach side, but I wouldn't expect much damage to the building. The beach will be the same conditions as the rest of our area. From Camp Creek Lake to Rosemary, its pretty much the same--several feet of dunes lost, walkovers gone. :sosad:

18. SlowMovin

SlowMovin Beach Fanatic

Thanks for checking on that Camp Creek Kid...load off my mind. I'll be down that way myself first thing in the morning (assuming bridges & roads are open). Maybe we'll get a chance to say 'hello'. I'll either be in a disreputable blue pick-up, or an only slightly more reputable green Cherokee. Both with magnetic signs on the side. Stop by if you see me.