• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
I have been reading the politically informed on SoWal, and would like to take this opportunity to express why I feel I am the best qualified candidate for the Office of Sheriff.

I have been in law enforcement for 35 yrs., first in Broward Co. and the last five being in Walton Co. My book, "Honor Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy brings to light a lot of things that I saw and heard (as the public information officer), happening within the Walton Co. Sheriff's Office that endangered the residents of Walton Co., which continued after I left in 2005, along with the lack of leadership and control. This is a prime example of what happens when you have an absent, non caring Sheriff at the helm.

When elected, I intend to implement the following programs and units within the Office of the Sheriff:

Contracting and Licensing Fraud Unit, Street Crime and Gang Intelligence Unit, Citizens on Patrol Unit, Handicapped Volunteer Parking Unit, Tri-County Burglary and Narcotics Unit, Internal Affairs Unit, Crash Review Board, Community Service Aides, Increase Reserve Unit, Citizens Police Academy, Jr. Deputy Program, Bike Patrol Unit and a County Wide Traffic Unit.

Things I intend to accomplish:

Restore the Integrity of the Sheriff's Office
Training for both Road Patrol and Investigators
Animal Control to have special arrest powers pertaining to animal abuse
I will push state lawmakers to add the additional penalties for drugs being sold within 1000 ft. of a school to now include school bus stops.
I will have an open door policy for the residents of Walton Co.
A wheels of excellence type program for our elementary schools
An active and well-informed Public Information Office
Bring the true meaning of "Protect and Serve" back to the Sheriff's Office.
(NONE OF THE ABOVE IS CURRENTLY BEING DONE AT THE WALTON CO. SHERIFF'S OFFICE). Implementing the above will be of minimal cost, as most of the programs will be volunteers and deputies being reassigned to these programs. Also, the service/protection to the people of Walton Co. will be increased considerably.

For 42 yrs. I have been a supporter and staunch defender of the Second Amendment. Being in law enforcement it made me even more aware of how important this amendment truly is. Every American who feels they wish to own a firearm for their protection or the protection of their family or any other legal use of a firearm should have that right!

My open door policy STARTS RIGHT NOW.....I will gladly welcome any of your questions/conerns or suggestions you have.

My intention to become Walton Co.'s next Sheriff is not to abuse the power of the position or for monetary gain, as my wife and I will be making large donations to help "Women and Children in Distress" , "Socks" and "Ruff" as we have a strong desire to help those in need, and feel that by becoming the next Sheriff of Walton Co. I will be able to help all the people with my plan as stated above. I hope you will agree, and support and vote for me as your "ACCESSIBLE AND AVAILABLE SHERIFF!"

Thank you, and if you also want these changes, make "THE WISE CHOICE YOUR CHOICE."

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Re: Next Sheriff

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting some info out on yourself. Please let me know when you get your website up and I will try to include more info on you in the next article I write about the sheriff's race. Also, how can I get a copy of your book?

Thanks,
A.Leonard
DFS HERALD-BEACH BREEZE

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com

:welcome:

Love this

"It does not take a majority to prevail...
but rather an irate, tireless minority,
keen on setting brushfires of freedom
in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Good Luck !!

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for getting some info out on yourself. Please let me know when you get your website up and I will try to include more info on you in the next article I write about the sheriff's race. Also, how can I get a copy of your book?

Thanks,
A.Leonard
DFS HERALD-BEACH BREEZE

Thank you so much for your inquiry about the website along with my book. I will gladly be available at most any time to give you any info you may be interested in and will definitely let you know when the website is up and running. As for my book, you can access my website at www.honoraboveallelse.org. Thank you for your interest and please feel free to contact me at anytime. You can also pick the book up at 'The Book Store' in Defuniak. It may be more convenient for you. It is also availabe at Barnes and Noble and B. Dalton, and can be ordered by all book stores, or through the publisher 'Authorhouse'.

Dennis Wise

Last edited:

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007

I have been reading the politically informed on SoWal, and would like to take this opportunity to express why I feel I am the best qualified candidate for the Office of Sheriff.

I have been in law enforcement for 35 yrs., first in Broward Co. and the last five being in Walton Co. My book, "Honor Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy brings to light a lot of things that I saw and heard (as the public information officer), happening within the Walton Co. Sheriff's Office that endangered the residents of Walton Co., which continued after I left in 2005, along with the lack of leadership and control. This is a prime example of what happens when you have an absent, non caring Sheriff at the helm.

When elected, I intend to implement the following programs and units within the Office of the Sheriff:

Contracting and Licensing Fraud Unit, Street Crime and Gang Intelligence Unit, Citizens on Patrol Unit, Handicapped Volunteer Parking Unit, Tri-County Burglary and Narcotics Unit, Internal Affairs Unit, Crash Review Board, Community Service Aides, Increase Reserve Unit, Citizens Police Academy, Jr. Deputy Program, Bike Patrol Unit and a County Wide Traffic Unit.

I will push state lawmakers to add the additional penalties for drugs being sold within 1000 ft. of a school to now include school bus stops.
(NONE OF THE ABOVE IS CURRENTLY BEING DONE AT THE WALTON CO. SHERIFF'S OFFICE). Implementing the above will be of minimal cost, as most of the programs will be volunteers and deputies being reassigned to these programs. Also, the service/protection to the people of Walton Co. will be increased considerably.

For 42 yrs. I have been a supporter and staunch defender of the Second Amendment. Being in law enforcement it made me even more aware of how important this amendment truly is. Every American who feels they wish to own a firearm for their protection or the protection of their family or any other legal use of a firearm should have that right!

My open door policy STARTS RIGHT NOW.....I will gladly welcome any of your questions/conerns or suggestions you have.

My intention to become Walton Co.'s next Sheriff is not to abuse the power of the position or for monetary gain, as my wife and I will be making large donations to help "Women and Children in Distress" , "Socks" and "Ruff" as we have a strong desire to help those in need, and feel that by becoming the next Sheriff of Walton Co. I will be able to help all the people with my plan as stated above. I hope you will agree, and support and vote for me as your "ACCESSIBLE AND AVAILABLE SHERIFF!"

Thank you, and if you also want these changes, make "THE WISE CHOICE YOUR CHOICE."

The Bar Has Been Raised.

Adkinson, Sconiers, Macon, Brown, anyone else looking to split the vote,(don't bother Ralph...) this is what the people want. Tell us about yourself, list your qualifications, what are you going to do for us. Don't wait, don't give us excuses, do it. Write it up, post it on SoWal, let's go already. Right now the only qualified candidate looks like Dennis Wise, at least he gives us something to look at and base our dialogue and decisons off of. (This is in no way any endorsement for D. Wise)

P.S. Dennis, do you have a college degree? Also, can you list your additional training and experience? Nice work on the post.

chrisv

Beach Fanatic
Nov 15, 2004
Freeport, Florida

I don't see anything about improving the finance situation, but I believe you have said before that you'd tackle that issue as well.

I think that the teen youth of the county, more specifically those in the north part, could really benefit from a jr. deputy or Explorer program that would instill character, self-confidence and a path toward a law enforcement career. Kudos.

This is good to hear. Will you sign off on NFA form 4's?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

If elected, will you or your Deputies arrest beachgoers for sitting on the beach, as they have done for many years?

Thanks for trying to get your message out to the public.

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006

The Bar Has Been Raised.

Adkinson, Sconiers, Macon, Brown, anyone else looking to split the vote,(don't bother Ralph...) this is what the people want. Tell us about yourself, list your qualifications, what are you going to do for us. Don't wait, don't give us excuses, do it. Write it up, post it on SoWal, let's go already. Right now the only qualified candidate looks like Dennis Wise, at least he gives us something to look at and base our dialogue and decisons off of. (This is in no way any endorsement for D. Wise)

P.S. Dennis, do you have a college degree? Also, can you list your additional training and experience? Nice work on the post.

I do not have a college degree, but do have some college. I do on the other hand, hold a Professional Certificate in Law Enforcement Science and Criminal Justice issued by the International Academy of Criminology. I have been an instructor for the American Police Academy in Washington D.C.

As for my training: I hold certificates of training in Traffic Homicide Investigation, Accident Investigation, Interviews and Interrogations, Law Enforcement Advanced Photography,

course given by the FBI, Hate Crimes Training, given by the Office of the Attorney General, Defensive Driving, The Integration of Operational Skills for Law Enforcement Officers, Evidence Technician Basic (CSI), Arson and Incendiary Devices, Weapons of Mass Destruction for First Responders, Clandestine Laboratory Recognition and Safety Awareness, given by the DEA, Project Safe Neighborhoods, given by the ATF, Discriminatory Profiling in Professional Traffic Stops, Law Enforcement Officers Flying Armed, given by the United States Treasury Department, Labor Relations: Contract Administrations, given at Nova University, State of Florida's Standards and Training, include a certificate of compliance, Career Development for Refresher Training, Career Development for Intermediate Training, Career Development for Advanced Training, Career Development for Supervision Training, SWAT Training and Doppler Radar Certified.

In Broward County in the early '80's, I became the expert on impaired drivers. I became the very first law enforcement officer in the state of Florida to be certified in court as an expert. This was done in Broward, Dade and Seminole Counties. I trained both State Attorneys and Public Defenders in DUI cases, I also gave seminars to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America at the Nova Law Center.

At present I am the elected National President of the American Federation of Police and Concerned Citizens, an organization that has over 107,000 members nationwide. I started a program called 'Vests for Life' which offers any law enforcement officer in the United States a used bullet resistant vest free of charge, because a used vest is better than no vest. In it's first 18 months, one officer's life was saved because he had one of the vests. For the creation of this program, I received a letter of commendation from the President of the United States.

I have written articles for the 'Police Times' and 'Chiefs of Police', along with the PBA Centurion. As National President, I have been contacted for my opinions by media across the United States and the Federal Government. I have appeared on radio and television pertaining to law enforcement matters, I am also a published author.

Awards: Silver Star for Bravery, Merit Award for Excellent Arrest on six occassions, this is given for making an arrest on a dangerous felon, The Honorable Service Award on two occassions, The Legion of Honor, The J. Edgar Hoover Memorial Award, Outstanding Commendation Award times two, Criminal Investigation Award, Exceptional Service Award, The J. Edgar Hoover Award for Distinguished Police Service, Knights of Justice Award, Patriotism Award, St. Gabriel Possenti Medallion, The George Washington Medal, A Plaque of Appreciation from the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. I also have many letters of appreciation from local, state and federal agencies. I also hold the Honor of being Supreme Grand Knight in the Order of Michael the Archangel.

I hope this answers your questions and find that I am qualified for the Sheriff's position. If you or anyone else have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Dennis Wise

MAKE THE WISE CHOICE YOUR CHOICE

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006

If elected, will you or your Deputies arrest beachgoers for sitting on the beach, as they have done for many years?

Thanks for trying to get your message out to the public.

What I will try is training the deputies in diplomacy. If diplomacy fails, I have no choice but to enforce the law as written, as I am there to enforce the law, not the one that makes the law. I do not think it is right personally, but that does not make it legal. It is my intention to change the statement which I read in the paper, "Come to Walton Co. on vacation, and you too will leave on probation." HOPEFULLY... THROUGH DIPLOMACY.

Thanks for your question.

Dennis Wise

MAKE THE WISE CHOICE YOUR CHOICE