• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
Re: Next Sheriff

The same request was made of Rick Brown.

There is an interesting post on this site that talks about gang activity in Walton County. Can you please comment on gangs in Walton County?

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006

The same request was made of Rick Brown.

There is an interesting post on this site that talks about gang activity in Walton County. Can you please comment on gangs in Walton County?
Yes, Walton County does have gangs! And yes, some don't have the first clue on how to organize, and the continued "they don't exist" attitude can be and will be a major problem in a few years. I can tell you a story that happened in Broward Co. where two young juveniles started a gang, and the attitude was, "they are only two, and there's no need to worry." And, at the time, there was no gang intelligence unit in the Broward Sheriff's Office, and with the attitude that, "we don't care," the gang grew unchecked. In just a few years they became the biggest and most dangerous gang in Broward Co. It started with graffiti, then vandalism, and it grew to burglaries, robberies and aggravated assault.

It is the responsibility of the Sheriff's Office to protect its citizens and to prevent this from occurring in our county. The problem is real, the solution is easy. With a gang and street intelligence unit as I intend to form, we will know each members name, what gang he represents, and all pertinent information pertaining to their by-laws. So, as you can see, the gangs are starting their first step with the graffiti. If they are not stopped now, the end results will be catastrophic. As far as gang colors go, this gang started out with a specific chain around their neck, as not to attract attention. Of course they did have their secret hand signals. Being an ostrich is ok for the bird, but not law enforcement. When I worked at WCSO, the practice was to simply ignore in the hopes that it would go away. I do not know what their policy is today or if there is one in place to combat gangs and their crimes, but I do know there needs to be an active unit in order to curtail any unlawful acts committed by the gangs. Remember, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Thanks for your question,

Dennis Wise

MAKE THE WISE CHOICE YOUR CHOICE

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007

Yes, Walton County does have gangs! And yes, some don't have the first clue on how to organize, and the continued "they don't exist" attitude can be and will be a major problem in a few years. I can tell you a story that happened in Broward Co. where two young juveniles started a gang, and the attitude was, "they are only two, and there's no need to worry." And, at the time, there was no gang intelligence unit in the Broward Sheriff's Office, and with the attitude that, "we don't care," the gang grew unchecked. In just a few years they became the biggest and most dangerous gang in Broward Co. It started with graffiti, then vandalism, and it grew to burglaries, robberies and aggravated assault.

It is the responsibility of the Sheriff's Office to protect its citizens and to prevent this from occurring in our county. The problem is real, the solution is easy. With a gang and street intelligence unit as I intend to form, we will know each members name, what gang he represents, and all pertinent information pertaining to their by-laws. So, as you can see, the gangs are starting their first step with the graffiti. If they are not stopped now, the end results will be catastrophic. As far as gang colors go, this gang started out with a specific chain around their neck, as not to attract attention. Of course they did have their secret hand signals. Being an ostrich is ok for the bird, but not law enforcement. When I worked at WCSO, the practice was to simply ignore in the hopes that it would go away. I do not know what their policy is today or if there is one in place to combat gangs and their crimes, but I do know there needs to be an active unit in order to curtail any unlawful acts committed by the gangs. Remember, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Thanks for your question,

Dennis Wise

A breath of fresh air. Dennis, you have hit the nail on the head. I wish I could say the same for your opponents. Have you viewed other candidates replies to this same question?

I am interested in your new and well thought out ideas for improvement.

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006

My website is up and running! Please visit us at www.denniswise.org.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007

My website is up and running! Please visit us at www.denniswise.org.

Thank you for the update. Your site is great, I just visited this morning and I am impressed.

I am also glad you renewed this post as I recall someone on another post saying something to the effect that you did not respond to the public.

Further, I have been accused of being "in ka hoots" and "part of your camp". As I have not made any decision as to who I will vote for, you are one candidate that I will continue to seriously consider (along with others) as you are very prepared and I think you have thought out your campaign in great detail.

If I was to accuse another of being part of a hidden adgena, I sure wouldn't do it on another candidates sight, not good for business...

Keep up the good work.

Aug 30, 2007
3rd Rock from the sun
Dennis, good evening, Not that it is important but we have met several times in real life. I need to ask you a simple question, you have on the website 35 years of experience. But you only show that in 1970 you started your police career in Dania Florida as a reserve officer. Unless I read the website wrong that along with John Wayne, Roy Rogers, and Gene Autry were your Hero's and thats why you became a police officer, What other "Law Enforcement" experience do you bring to the table. Are you a certified police officer in the state of Florida?
I did have a problem loading the web page and you might have this on there but I did not see it.

Also since you did not include Batman as a hero I will have to seriously think about the vote:rotfl:

Thanks for providing us a choice and running for office!

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
Dennis, good evening, Not that it is important but we have met several times in real life. I need to ask you a simple question, you have on the website 35 years of experience. But you only show that in 1970 you started your police career in Dania Florida as a reserve officer. Unless I read the website wrong that along with John Wayne, Roy Rogers, and Gene Autry were your Hero's and thats why you became a police officer, What other "Law Enforcement" experience do you bring to the table. Are you a certified police officer in the state of Florida?
I did have a problem loading the web page and you might have this on there but I did not see it.

Also since you did not include Batman as a hero I will have to seriously think about the vote:rotfl:

Thanks for providing us a choice and running for office!
It is true that I do have 35 yrs. of law enforcement, I served in three municipalities in Broward County (Dania, Lauderdale Lakes, Pembroke Park) and retired from the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office with just over 20 yrs. service. And while I worked at the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office, I was first assigned to the Bat Mobile Program (Breath, Alcohol Testing Unit) So as you can see, I WAS BATMAN!!!! (Please see Batmobile on website). So, hope this gets your vote:D If you would like to check out my "real life" Hero, see AFP&CC under 'Dennis' Story' and see photo on right side! This is a picture of General Robert L. Scott, Jr. a true American Hero, that I had the Honor of meeting and Knighting! I have been a certified law enforcement officer in the state of Fl., but as it has been two yrs. since I served the public it has become inactive, in order to renew its activation I would only have to go back to school for a short time. As far as my qualifications in law enforcement, please re-read my first two posts on this thread. If you wish to meet me in "real life" again, I will be at the Starbucks at Baytowne Wharf this coming Sat. from 8 til noon at my book signing. (You could also learn a lot more about me if you read my book). I will also gladly meet with you personally or if you have a group of friends that would like to hear what I stand for and intend to do for all the citizens of Walton Co., I will be available most anytime. You can contact me via my email wisetwo@juno.com or pm me here. I would love to be able to present myself personally to anyone interested.

Thanks for asking,

Dennis

Last edited:

BIGDOG

Banned
Feb 10, 2008
It is true that I do have 35 yrs. of law enforcement, I served in three municipalities in Broward County (Dania, Lauderdale Lakes, Pembroke Park) and retired from the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office with just over 20 yrs. service. And while I worked at the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office, I was first assigned to the Bat Mobile Program (Breath, Alcohol Testing Unit) So as you can see, I WAS BATMAN!!!! (Please see Batmobile on website). So, hope this gets your vote:D If you would like to check out my "real life" Hero, see AFP&CC under 'Dennis' Story' and see photo on right side! This is a picture of General Robert L. Scott, Jr. a true American Hero, that I had the Honor of meeting and Knighting! I have been a certified law enforcement officer in the state of Fl., but as it has been two yrs. since I served the public it has become inactive, in order to renew its activation I would only have to go back to school for a short time. As far as my qualifications in law enforcement, please re-read my first two posts on this thread. If you wish to meet me in "real life" again, I will be at the Starbucks at Baytowne Wharf this coming Sat. from 8 til noon at my book signing. (You could also learn a lot more about me if you read my book). I will also gladly meet with you personally or if you have a group of friends that would like to hear what I stand for and intend to do for all the citizens of Walton Co., I will be available most anytime. You can contact me via my email wisetwo@juno.com or pm me here. I would love to be able to present myself personally to anyone interested.

Thanks for asking,

Dennis

Thanks for all your thoughtful replies. Good to see a candidate who feels responsible to the public he serves. Also, nice to see someone with experience outside the locality.
:welcome:

Yahoodie

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2007
"It is true that I do have 35 yrs. of law enforcement, I served in three municipalities in Broward County (Dania, Lauderdale Lakes, Pembroke Park) and retired from the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office with just over 20 yrs. "
Dennis,
Some questions please.
#1 See your words above. Why did you leave the municipalities and Broward Co SO?
#2 How long were you with each one?
#3 How many actual years experience do you have as an "on the street
Officer/Deputy"?
#4 How many actual years did you have with Walton Co SO? Were you ever an "on the road" deputy?
#5. You were the Public Information Officer for Walton Co SO; for how long and why did you leave?
#6. What kind of relationship did you have with other deputies while you were with Walton Co SO?

Dennis Wise

Beach Lover
Nov 15, 2006
"It is true that I do have 35 yrs. of law enforcement, I served in three municipalities in Broward County (Dania, Lauderdale Lakes, Pembroke Park) and retired from the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office with just over 20 yrs. "
Dennis,
Some questions please.
#1 See your words above. Why did you leave the municipalities and Broward Co SO?
#2 How long were you with each one?
#3 How many actual years experience do you have as an "on the street
Officer/Deputy"?
#4 How many actual years did you have with Walton Co SO? Were you ever an "on the road" deputy?
#5. You were the Public Information Officer for Walton Co SO; for how long and why did you leave?
#6. What kind of relationship did you have with other deputies while you were with Walton Co SO?
I was with the City of Dania's Police Dept. for three yrs. I left to further my career, better opportunities and better pay. I then joined the City of Lauderdale Lakes and worked there for aprox. fourteen months, when I left for personal reasons (family). I then joined the Town of Pembroke Park's Police Dept., where I stayed until their law enforcement agency was contracted out to the Broward Co. Sheriff's Office. I joined the Sheriff's Office and stayed with them for over twenty yrs., then I retired.
I have a total of thirty one yrs. as a road patrol officer/deputy. This was by choice.
I joined the Walton Co. Sheriff's Office in 2000 as a part time deputy. I became a full time road patrol deputy in 2001. I felt I had a good working relationship with all I was in contact with. In 2002 I resigned from WCSO. Two weeks later, Sheriff Johnson showed up at my door and after two hrs., convinced me to come back to work for him as his PIO. I returned to work for the WCSO as the PIO until early 2005. My reason for leaving was because Sheriff Johnson forgot that he hired me as his PIO......NOT his RAT.

Thanks for asking,

Dennis Wise