• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

skindeep

Beach Crab
Oct 22, 2008
Gulf Coast Dermatology, with offices in Panama City and Panama City Beach, will be opening an office in Santa Rosa Beach on November 3rd. The address is 141 Mack Bayou Loop, Ste. 202 and the phone number is 622-0600. Our website is www.gulfcoastderm.com . Board-Certified Dermatologists Jon Ward, MD, and Michael Stickler, MD, will be there on Wednesdays and Fridays. Laura Gilmore, PA-C (a 30-A resident), with 8 years of dermatology experience will be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Dr. Stickler (also a 30-A resident) is a Mohs' surgeon and is excited to perform Mohs surgery for the first time ever in Walton County. Dr. Ward does general, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology and is featured in New Beauty magazine for his cosmetic procedures (www.newbeauty.com) . We accept all major insurances. Please visit our website or call the office for more information.

JUL

Beach Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
Madison, Alabama
Gulf Coast Dermatology, with offices in Panama City and Panama City Beach, will be opening an office in Santa Rosa Beach on November 3rd. The address is 141 Mack Bayou Loop, Ste. 202 and the phone number is 622-0600. Our website is www.gulfcoastderm.com . Board-Certified Dermatologists Jon Ward, MD, and Michael Stickler, MD, will be there on Wednesdays and Fridays. Laura Gilmore, PA-C (a 30-A resident), with 8 years of dermatology experience will be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Dr. Stickler (also a 30-A resident) is a Mohs' surgeon and is excited to perform Mohs surgery for the first time ever in Walton County. Dr. Ward does general, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology and is featured in New Beauty magazine for his cosmetic procedures (www.newbeauty.com) . We accept all major insurances. Please visit our website or call the office for more information.

Is the Mohs surgery only for the face? what is the protocol for it's use?
What is the wait time for an appt?

diamonddazzler

Beach Lover
Mar 1, 2008
la-la land
:welcome:
I used to work for these guys. Great doctors.
No MOHS surgery is not just for the face. It is for other areas of the body as well. Usually larger areas or areas that have reocurred,or for areas that do not have alot of laxity. It is used for several different reasons.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I need to make an appointment ASAP!!!!

:welcome:

skindeep

Beach Crab
Oct 22, 2008
there is currently no wait time (just until nov 3rd) as we are just setting up our office in santa rosa beach. our goal has always been to grow with patient demand so nobody has to wait months for an appt. that is where our slogan, "dermatology without the wait" comes from.

Indications for Mohs' surgery are recurrent tumors, cosmetically sensitive areas, large tumors off the face, and a few other special circumstances. There is information on our website and at www.mohssurgery.org

dd-you are welcome back any time.:D

there has been a small hiccup with the phone number, embark has not forwarded it to our main office yet, so for a few more days you'll have to use our main office number at 850-233-3376

Last edited:

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I've been to Dr. Ward and he is very good, but more important to me -- his office is well run and professional. A great addition to 30A!

I had tried someone closer for my last derm visit -- these people made me give them my social security number (which by law can't be required) and let them photocopy a credit card. I glanced around and quickly accessed that this place was not compliant with HIPAA security to begin with, and I certainly didn't feel comfortable leaving this sort of information. The office manager and I almost got into a yelling match over whether or not these things were legal, or even -- as she claimed -- a cost saving measure because "billing is expensive". I backed down because I didn't want things to reflect on Skunky, but that office is a textbook example of how not to treat patients.

I can't wait to switch back to Dr. Ward!