• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
Eli is doing very well here too! He is smart as a whip and loves his belly to be rubbed as well! He is already crate trained after one slightly sleepless night and feels very secure now to be in there.....This little guy is calm and just wants to give us all his love.....And we love him so much too!!...I am so grateful for Dorothy, and to you Jack Flash (don't know your real name) for being persistant in finding homes for these puppies......I am thinking of starting a new thread called "Dorothy's Puppies" or we can continue to use this one so that the adopting families can keep up with one another and maybe send pics and stories, and maybe get the pups together sometime.....send your thoughts on this idea......Sue

My little pup is doing great. And to tootsie, he does love the shoes. But no worries there. I appreciate Dorothy so much, she is a very loving person. We named him Bruskie. He has a very spunky character, and we just love it. He has been great with all of the people he has met, and loves to get his belly rubbed. Bless you Mrs. Dorothy. We love him!!

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Ohhh Elijah, what a wonderful family, you now have!:clap:
After I got "Blackie" into Alaqua on Friday, we cried all weekend for him and thanks to the wonderful staff there, they allowed us to come and pick him up today!!! He is ours forever, couldn't live without the little guy. His name is officially Elijah and he is very happy right now laying on our kitchen floor! While we were there, we were also asked to participate in an animal story "reality show". They interviewed us including our daughter and said it will played back on 30A television in the near future! I really feel these puppies are being helped from above and they have so much going for them. I only pray their mom will have the same fate they are all receiving...she sounds like she is a fantastic dog as well......Good luck to all of you who have adopted from this litter and enjoy your puppy! Cheers to happy endings!

kparks

Beach Crab
Sep 17, 2009
Still have a puppy for our home????

Hi I was interested in one of the puppies.

Please help us find homes for these precious pups. They were born July 18th and are ready for adoption. Not sure of breeds. They appear to be an Australian shepard, beagle mix, maybe. Several have BLUE EYES and are so gorgeous. Parents are around 30-35 #'s. They were saved by a sweet lady who could not bare letting them go to the shelter. She can not keep so we are trying to help. Alaqua is trying to help but surely there are locals who can help too. We will pay for first round of shots. Please, help, please.

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
ALL Puppies Have Found Homes! Thanks SoWal!

Hi I was interested in one of the puppies.

:clap:THANK YOU, THE SOWAL COMMUNITY AND TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL, GENEROUS, COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE WHO ADOPTED THESE BABES!!! DOROTHY AND I (JACKIE STONE) ARE ALL SOOOOOOO GRATEFUL FOR THE RESPONSE FROM THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY, BUT ESPECIALLY TO THE ONES WHO OPENED THEIR HOMES. THIS IS AN AMAZING COMMUNITY OF ANIMAL LOVERS! THESE PUPPIES HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY MANY ANGELS BUT ESPECIALLY DOROTHY AND THE FAMILIES WHO SAW THE LOVE THESE PUPPIES NEEDED AND COULD GIVE. THIS IS A SPECIAL STORY, AND, LIKE SOWAL, ONE WITH SO MANY THREADS. WE CAN NEVER, EVER THANK EVERYONE ENOUGH!! I LOVE THE SUGGESTION THAT WE CONTINUE OUR POSTS ABOUT THE PUPPIES WITH EITHER THIS THREAD OR NEW ONES! MAYBE WE CAN EVEN HAVE A REUNION SOMETIME AND GET THE PUPS TOGETHER!!! TO ALL WHO ADOPTED, KEEP US UPDATED WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL LOVE STORY!!! SPECIAL, SPECIAL THANKS TO SOWAL, AND KURT FOR CREATING THIS GREAT COMMUNITY NETWORKS!!!!

chrisjohnson850

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2009
Little pups

Eli is doing very well here too! He is smart as a whip and loves his belly to be rubbed as well! He is already crate trained after one slightly sleepless night and feels very secure now to be in there.....This little guy is calm and just wants to give us all his love.....And we love him so much too!!...I am so grateful for Dorothy, and to you Jack Flash (don't know your real name) for being persistant in finding homes for these puppies......I am thinking of starting a new thread called "Dorothy's Puppies" or we can continue to use this one so that the adopting families can keep up with one another and maybe send pics and stories, and maybe get the pups together sometime.....send your thoughts on this idea......Sue
We would love to keep in touch with his siblings. I would be more than happy to post pics and updates about our little boy. He is doing wonderful! As I'm sure yours is as well. We just love our little Bruskie. He is getting used to his crate too. And learning the house training very well. :clap:We are so happy to hear that they have all been adopted, and hope that they have all gone to great homes.

weatabix

Beach Lover
Feb 1, 2009
Wonderful! Maybe we can continue to use this thread with the entire story on here but maybe Jackie can change the thread name since the puppies are not desperate for homes any longer....If this isn't possible, we will for sure start a new thread, I just thought it would be neat to keep it all intact from the beginning, it has been a labor of love for sure!

We would love to keep in touch with his siblings. I would be more than happy to post pics and updates about our little boy. He is doing wonderful! As I'm sure yours is as well. We just love our little Bruskie. He is getting used to his crate too. And learning the house training very well. :clap:We are so happy to hear that they have all been adopted, and hope that they have all gone to great homes.

Brooklyn49er

Beach Comber
Sep 7, 2009
"Deperate" puppies find good homes

Thank you SoWal for helping me find homes for all 7 pups! They are very special puppies and they all found good homes, thanks to all of you and especially to Jack Flash for starting the "public relations" on SoWal. My heart is bursting with joy that we were able to find very good homes for every one of them. Thank you to those you adopted because of reading SoWal. I know you will be blessed with many years of happiness. I miss them now BUT I could not have adopted them myself. I prayed for help and all my prayers were answered. There are NO words to express my deepest gratitude. God bless you all! Dorothy :clap:

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Yeah Dorothy!!!! It all worked out so great!! Just love this SOWAL network and this community. Let's keep this thread going so we can continue to see these babies grow up and keep the families together!! And maybe this story will help inspire others to help unfortunate animals in this community!!! Dorothy is a SoWal HERO!!!