• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
I want to assure Mr.Hudson that I for one was not questioning his ethics. From what I hear, he is an honorable man. Certainly I did not intend to say that anyone taking a contribution would take one with strings attached. One should have proof before making such accusations. I do say in all seriousness that looking at a candidates list of donors gives you an idea of that candidates values and goals. Most people who are not related to the candidate contribute to the candidate that best fits their values and goals. That said, one can examine like contributions and detirmine a candidates true feelings absent politics. This can be positive or negative. I can look for names of businesses/individuals that I agree with and find out who they contributed to or I can look for those I oppose and who they gave to. Either way, it is an effective way to choose who I will vote for.

Walton Voter

Beach Comber
Feb 3, 2008
So, I went and looked at campaign contributions for Mr. Hudson, has anyone looked at the campaign contributions for Larry Jones? It's a list of who's who of developers. Just an observation. Let's don't just point fingers at only one candidate.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
So, I went and looked at campaign contributions for Mr. Hudson, has anyone looked at the campaign contributions for Larry Jones? It's a list of who's who of developers. Just an observation. Let's don't just point fingers at only one candidate.
Speaking as a Developer, I am aware that many of my sisteren and bretheren plow their monies into politicos pockets with every intention of drawing favor to thie cause. Some wish to be allowed to mutilate, rape, then pillage the land and its husbandry, others prefer raping only. :angry: Nonetheless, it is amazing to see how locally active they can be when, in times past, before the Urge to raze has struck them, they stood mute at the political podium. :shock: In defence, Developers work on and in the land, seas and air where poiticos spend much of their legislative presence. Did you expect to see Contributors from the Climb Poles And Dig Holes Union?:roll:

The contributions that I have a real issue with comes from a certain homeowners association. :shock: They are the poster children for the NIMBY /private beach crowd. They complain about the county trying to take "their" beach and people "trespassing" on "their" beach in spite of the fact that people have been enjoying the beach here since nothing was here but pine trees. :yikes: Yet these staunch defenders of private property have repeatedly sued anyone who tried to exercise their property rights to develop their property that joins this association.:pissed: They have contributed to the following sheriff's candidates: Mike Adkinson and Ralph Johnson. We KNOW that Ralph will have people arrested for "trespassing" on "private" beaches and I can only assume that Mr. Adkinson will do the same. :bang: They have also contributed to one commissioner candidate. It is safe to say that those whom this group gives contributions to do not support customary use and keeping the beach for all citizens as it has been for decades.:dunno: For more information go to the Supervisor of Elections website and peruse the candidates contribution reports.

princepesa

Beach Comber
Jul 19, 2008
Anyone who is interested needs to review the corporations who gave money, find out who owns or is partners in that corp. and make their own judgements. You can do this by going to the State of Florida web site re: corporate filings.

When one group of people from Bay County give that much money guess whose agenda
will be most important. People don't give that much money just for kicks.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Attention: Sunbiz and all Division of Corporations data bases are currently unavailable for use by staff, clients, and other users. This interruption in service is necessary to allow for critical system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and anticipate that full service will be restored by Monday August 18th at 8 am (EDT).

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Attention: Sunbiz and all Division of Corporations data bases are currently unavailable for use by staff, clients, and other users. This interruption in service is necessary to allow for critical system maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and anticipate that full service will be restored by Monday August 18th at 8 am (EDT).

The plan was to keep that offline until the 27th. I guess someone did not get the memo.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The plan was to keep that offline until the 27th. I guess someone did not get the memo.

When I first saw that yesterday, I was not where I could reply...but I thought the exact same thing. :rotfl:

Last edited:

countyline4336

Beach Comber
Apr 16, 2008
Rat Killing

:roll:
Deposit your big ol' Big Oil check, dear.

And (not directed at you, robert) sitting down with the contribution lists of ALL the candidates and running corporate names through www.sunbiz.org is an interesting way to kill an evening. ;-)

Thanks ShollowsNole for the suggestion on how to kill an evening. This internet Dick Tracy stuff is more fun than a friday afternoon "rat killing". Most interesting discovery so far is a local "Beverage Law" advisor/advocate, through his corporation and several family members, donating huge sums of money to a Florida State Beverage Agent running for Sheriff. Kind of seems like these two fellows would have been at odds with each other. It gets really hairy when you do a clerk of courts search in Walton and surrounding counties. Looks like someone with the EXACT same name as the "beverage advisor" has been convicted of credit card fraud, breaking and entering, burglary, Amphetamine importation and manufacture, grand theft, multiple worthless checks, forgery, and get this, reckless operation of a motor boat. Just like LARRY THE CABLE GUY says, "you can't make this stuff up". And then to add insult to injury, the fool tries to get the Okaloosa County Commission to move alcohol sales to 10:00 AM on Sunday Morning. Now that's the kind of supporter I would want if I was running for public office.
The Lord must love ignorant people 'cause he sure made plenty of them. AMEN

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
And for some unbeknownst reason, He made a lot of them rich as well. I guess it really doesn't pay to be honest.