• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2004
SoWal
Via the internet/email, and now phone, I've been in contact with a young family from D'Iberville (Biloxi) area. Her home in D'Iberville was damaged, but still standing. The rest of the neighborhood did not do as well. MANY of her neighbors are staying in her home or in Tents in the yard. They have lost everything. Some only have the clothes on their backs.

Corrie is at her mother's in Pensacola. They are overwhelmed. She has a six year old son. Her husband left to go back to D'Iberville to protect their home.

I've asked what we can do.....She said they need Gas Cans. There are none anywhere that she can find. They are stranded without gas, and no gas cans to carry gas back to D'Iberville.

They need clothes. She mentioned one of her neighbors...he has one pair of pants, a shirt and one pair of underwear. She said he was probably a med - large shirt, 30-34 pants. She wasn't sure...but said he would appreciate anything.

They need food. Non-perishable food and water. She said a group from Nashville drove down and brought them some food. She said that the community was trying to help each other...but she did not know for how long.

Is there ANYONE in the Pensacola Area that can help me/us get some supplies to these families? I'm going to start making phone calls. I don't think the clothes and food will be a problem. Don't know how difficult it is to find Gas Cans.....But transporting them is going to be the problem for me....

Anyone want to help me with this??? Call me at the gallery...850.231.9997

Lisa

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2004
SoWal
Was able to get thru via phone....said her 75 year old grandmother was still in Biloxi. Someone found a battery operated fan for her...to keep her cool they are having to bathe her in a swimming pool....

This is a sad sad situation....

L

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
There is a shortage of gas can everywhere. Supposedly, United Rental on Hwy 98 in PCB and the PCB Home Depot have new shipments in. Everyone is trying to get gas cans to take back west.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Lisa - direct them to some of the agencies in Pcola - there is money and goods flowing into all the agencies all over the country. Pensacola may be a little scarce because of the recent hurricanes there. Have them call the Red Cross office there and they will be able to give them direct aid and direction - Escambia County Office - 850.432.7601.

Lisa_at_the_beach

Beach Fanatic
Nov 25, 2004
SoWal
I'm trying to get in touch with her....she accesses the computer thru phone lines....I'm going to email her all the info...easier to get thru that way...

L