1. Summer's End Clearance Sale Everything 30-50% off at Moon Creek Gallery in Grayton Beach Plaza on 283! Your favorite SoWal Photo Prints, Matted Prints, Framed Prints, SoWal T-shirts & Hats.

Dining near Pier Park

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by STL Don, Aug 9, 2007.

1. STL Don

STL Don Beach Fanatic

Plan to catch the Bourne Ultimatum and would like to eat dinner somewhere near the Pier Park cinemas. Any recommendations?

2. goofer

goofer Beach Fanatic

yeah.....don't see the film. it's like watching a comic book. see Hairspray or No Reservations. But if you are going with kids, they'll like Bourne.
    BOARS HEAD is really good for dinner. 5 minutes from Pier Park on Front Rd.

3. InletBchDweller

InletBchDweller SoWal Insider

Calypso is on front beach in front of pier park. We have never had a bad meal there. Boars head is great, great, great.
    There is also a Panera and Longhorn? by Target.

4. BeachSiO2

BeachSiO2 Beach Fanatic

Keep in mind that Pier Park doesn't have digital projection so it's not as crisp, and the digital sound is questionable too. Sorry I am a movie theatre snob :D

As for food, there are some chains nearby and I like Carrabas ok.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  5. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

Dusty's is a couple hundred yards to the west, on Front Beach, but judging by the sandwich I ate there earlier this week, I think the Grouper Sandwich still isn't Grouper. The raw oysters are very good, service mediocre, and they charge $ .50 for tap water.

6. John R

John R needs to get out more

seemed fine to me the other night.

7. Paula

Paula Beach Fanatic

Is the movie theater in the same complex area as Target? I didn't realize they were open already. What else is open at Pier Park?

8. hutch

hutch Beach Lover

Longhorn Steak House is also at Pier Park. Excellent steaks and great services. They also have a full service bar. Tell Joe, the manager, hutch sent you!

9. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

I like Longhorn's.

If you have time to spare for going a bit out of the way, there is a restaurant called "Sweet Basil's" at the Shoppes at Edgewater, which is at the corner of Beckrich Road and Front Beach Road. I have only been there once, several years ago, and it was fan-tas-tic. Might want to make sure it's still there.

Or, if you have time to run up to West Bay, possibly encounter a short wait for a table, and run back down to PCB, there is Boondocks...:wub: :drool:

10. rdelong43065

rdelong43065 Beach Fanatic

Seemed fine to me as well. The seats are comfortable, the floors aren't sticky and there is a self-serve butter station for your popcorn.

There is a Panara's Bread in Pier park as well. Carrabas and Longhorn are great choices.

11. seagrover

seagrover Beach Fanatic

We had dinner last night at The Pasta Grill on Front Beach - wonderful Italian - very reasonable prices - extensive menu - real Italian spoken!!!

12. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

My last trip to Boondocks was below average. Two hour wait for a table (no exeragertion), mediocre service and food that was just so-so. :cry: No way in heck would I go there if I wanted to make it to the movie on time.

13. BeachSiO2

BeachSiO2 Beach Fanatic

I am glad it seemed good to you two as I went very early on and it may be different now. I will say it was very clean and the people were nice. The point I was making was in regards to projection mainly. I enjoy digital projection theatres with DLP technology if I am going to the movies and when I was there the Grand didn't have it. Like I said, I am a self-proclaimed movie theatre snob :D . Sorry for the pseudo-tangent :leaving:

14. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

I saw a movie there recently and enjoyed it. Good sound and picture, but I also grew up watching a black and white 5" TV with a rotary dial and on/off knob.