• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Could someone please give me directions to the PCB airport- I'm going to mapquest it too, but I don't totally trust that and would rather have some "real" directions" (like turn right at the liquor store, etc).:D

Also, what about drive time? We are picking our friend up on a Sunday, late morning, and dropping off on the Wednesday at 4:30 am :eek: ! I have already rationalized the early morning airport run- since we are up so early, it just adds a few more hours to another wonderful day at the beach!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
Could someone please give me directions to the PCB airport- I'm going to mapquest it too, but I don't totally trust that and would rather have some "real" directions" (like turn right at the liquor store, etc).:D

Also, what about drive time? We are picking our friend up on a Sunday, late morning, and dropping off on the Wednesday at 4:30 am :eek: ! I have already rationalized the early morning airport run- since we are up so early, it just adds a few more hours to another wonderful day at the beach!
Currently, there is not a PCB airport. They are planning on moving the airport from PC to PCB, but that will be a few more years in the works.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Currently, there is not a PCB airport. They are planning on moving the airport from PC to PCB, but that will be a few more years in the works.

smarta$$! I said "PCB" instead of "PC" since "PC" currently is used for "Politically Correct" more than it is for "Panama City". I'm not going to "Politically Correct" in June. However, we are going to "Politically Incorrect" in July- I got Bill Maher tix for Bdarg's birthday present.

Tangent. I need directions!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
Easy. Take Hwy 98 east to Panama City across the bridge. Gulf Coast Community College is on the left immediately after you cross the bridge. Immediately after Gulf Coast, you will turn left onto 23rd street (Hwy 368) Follow 23rd Street as it makes a 90 degree right turn and you will eventually be going east. Turn left at Hwy 390 (At the big BINGO sign and the Burger King/gas station). Take Hwy 390 to Lisenby Ave. (there will be an "airport" sign and turn left again. Lisenby takes you directly to the airport.

We live on the east end of 30-A and it takes 45 min. to get to the airport. If I'm picking up someone flying in from Atlanta, I have them call me as they're getting on the plane and I leave for the airport a few minutes after. We get there at the same time. Drop-off is easy, no line for security, but check-in often takes awhile since there is usually just one agent working. Getting there 45 min. before flight is ample.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thank you CCK! Great idea about the call ahead- he will be flying in from Miami- and I would rather be at the beach until the very last minute on a Sunday morning!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
jdarg said:
smarta$$! I said "PCB" instead of "PC" since "PC" currently is used for "Politically Correct" more than it is for "Panama City". I'm not going to "Politically Correct" in June. However, we are going to "Politically Incorrect" in July- I got Bill Maher tix for Bdarg's birthday present.

Tangent. I need directions!
If you want directions to the future PCB Airport, I can hook you up, but for the directions to the PFN airport, You would have to double check me, but I think you go east on 98, turn left onto 23rd street at the first major traffic light in front of the Community College. Follow it for a couple of miles and turn left (north) onto N Lisenby Ave which runs directly into the airport.

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
to avoid the traffic lights on 23rd street, you can turn left onto st andrews boulevard (hwy 390) and left again onto frankford avenue - turn right onto 391 and right again onto lizenby and come into the airport from the other way