Disney on the Move?

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by 00seer00, Feb 10, 2007.

1. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

2. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Can you fill us in on the rumors?

3. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

Kurt,

This is some of what I See. Remember it is all speculation and I have NO proof to back it up. Read these press releases. http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070104/20070104005669.html?.v=1

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...0_DISNEY-PARKS-CORRECTED.XML&rpc=66&type=qcna

They clearly say that Disney will be opening new Parks to be announces in 2007. Smaller Parks that will be located in areas Disney feels they can Make Money in and draw Turism from all over the World. probably High end markets preferred.
    The new Airport is the first of its kind ( security )and the first one built in 20 years. St Joe has all the developable land around the Airport. But just to the north is 55,000 acres or 86 sq miles controlled by Northern Trust Co. I have heard rumors for years that Disney and Knight Ridder the owner of the land controlled by Northern Trust have had some type of option to buy. This Land is beautiful with the nicest lakes I have ever seen.

I was sent this, how can they print this.
    http://a1realty.biz/land_p2.htm

I will post more later.

baypa.net search Northern Trust

4. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

This statement from A1 Realty seems a little interesting.

"The new Panama City Bay County International Airport just broke ground with 12,000 new employees"

5. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

I hear that the 6000 acres on the Bay Co side went to contract last week. I did not hear who with. Two access colverts were just installed at the corners of Hwy 20 and 77, maybe for timber removal but it just happened days ago.
    Just like Sowal, this land is gorgous with white sand beaches and spring fed lakes. The land has great elevations with small hills and bluffs overlooking the lakes. We have No amusement Parks of any larger size for the 8+ million visitors we get in this area. Numerous Disney chat boards and boards like Sowal have run with rumor over the years. Surely others on this board have heard this rumor.,

6. wetwilly

wetwilly Beach Fanatic

One of the listing states:

"Disney has just purchased 55,000 acres between Panama City Beach and Bonifay and plans a 5-Village Development there".

The same one that said that the new airport has broken ground already.

:dunno: :dunno: :blink:

7. 00seer00

00seer00 Beach Lover

No doubt that A1 Realty Co is unethical in printing this and I dont understand how they can do this. It does however line up with what I have heard over the years and we will soon see what happens. Here is a simular quote found on a Disney Board from 2 years ago. It can be found on other boards as well. True these rumors fly around other places like Texas NC ect. Click around on Baypa.net and look at the activity around Hwy 20 and 77. Creek 77 LLC, LAND0 HOLDINGS LLC, 20-20 HOLDINGS, LLC , Northern Trust, all with the same address ( 50 SOUTH LA SALLE ST.
    #M-10;
    CHICAGO, IL 60675 802 )

What better place to put a Minny Disney than right next to a new International Airport in the most beautiful part of Florida. Its Just a rumor but its one I think is true. Time will tell.

[​IMG] 07-25-2005, 04:08 PM #1 The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Profile: callahanjulie10@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: callahanjulie10</title>@@AMEPARAM@@callahanjulie10 vbmenu_register("postmenu_9326830", true);
    DIS Veteran

http://www.disboards.com/images/avatars/wjcurious5.gif[/IM"]The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Profile: callahanjulie10@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: callahanjulie10</title>@@AMEPARAM@@callahanjulie10[/url]

[url="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=870697#"][IMG]http://www.disboards.com/images/misc/im_aim.gif

Panhandle Property
    I have heard through our local rumor mill, that Disney just purchased 55,000 acres in the Panhandle of Florida. I assume it would not be for a park because people pass through or w/i 150 miles of this area on the way to WDW. Has anyone but me heard anything about this? I just wonder if it could be another "Celebration!?"

8. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

More than once, and I have posted on SoWal regarding it, seeing if anyone else could verify.

9. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Sounds like the copy goes WAAAAAYYY beyond mere puffery...beyond deceit...hell, it's a total lie!

10. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

One thing can be said for certain....if they put a Mini-Disney and an International Airport in the "most beautiful part of Florida" it won't be any longer.

11. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Many people (and possibly the majority), consider beautiful to be wide expanses of green lawn, non-native palm trees, giant blue pools, manicured lobbies, soaring high-rises, sleek water craft, shiny limos, valet-perked restaurants with perfect hostesses, and yes, fast appreciating property near international airports and them parks.

12. SHELLY

SHELLY SoWal Insider

Then count me in the minority....for the sake of nature, and the enjoyment of such by the average American and future generations.

13. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

Please don't put me in that group. Disney begat Orlando, not vice versa, so please take a look at your possible future. Not pretty.

14. Camp Creek Kid

Camp Creek Kid Christini Zambini

You are the expert here :D . However, we have to remember that 1-10/Hwy 79 is an hour away from SoWal. If the rumors are true, there may be some affect of SoWal, but I think it will be minimal because of the distance.

15. bsmart

bsmart brain

Especially when long range planning for northwestern counties and cities have not prepared for it. Remember my Florida 2030 posting?

16. Babyblue

Babyblue Beach Fanatic

How do you know it is not true? :confused:

17. Babyblue

Babyblue Beach Fanatic

The rumors are miles away from 30-A. 40 miles to the site round trip. This would not affect us unless WE WENT there. So, will a new theme park hurt the area? Miracle Strip was sold and now foreclosed on. I have children and I would like to have some thing for them to do on weekends with me and the little women, my wonderful wife, that is fun. I have been going to the old Miracle Strip since 61. Shelly you say the "most beautiful part of Florida" is were a "Mini-Disney and an International Airport " will be. Has the beach been forgotten?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  18. Bob

Bob SoWal Insider

I'm sure nothing on the scale of the Tragic Kingdom will occur in your backyard, but be forewarned that Disney has not been a good neighbor to surrounding municipalities. They have their own quasi-governmental entity, Reedy Creek Improvement District, and that is as far Disney concerns itself in most cases. By the way, O'town used to be 45 minutes away from Walt's World....no longer, unless you count time stuck on I-4. Most of the change in the panhandle is likely to be of a nature that few will accurately predict. Isn't that the way things usually evolve???

19. Babyblue

Babyblue Beach Fanatic

Most of the change in the panhandle is likely to be of a nature that few will accurately predict. Isn't that the way things usually evolve???

Correct.

20. Smiling JOe

Smiling JOe SoWal Expert

:floor: Destin and Panama City Beach are also 40 miles round trip from SoWal, depending on the end from which one measures. ;-) Destin is already creeping this way. It is only a matter of time before North West FL will be one busy place. You can already forget the sleepiness of the sleepy little town of Freeport. The airport and animal theme park will drive more people this way. Maybe if we are lucky, people will begin to vacation at the rumored Disney theme park and never make it to the beach. (ah, but a dream)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007