• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
The tunnel is at the airport. That is a good 40-50 miles from the old mill site. My info says that the tunnel is for movement of goods from warehouses to FEDEX/UPS facilities. Or possibly the flight containers are moved or the ocean containers are moved. Do not think it is a people mover. This is speculation on my part. Think underground Disney.

I attended a meeting today in Ebro that was by invitation only for property owners. What was said is not far off from what has been posted here. There will be several major anoucments of new business's locating in this area when the ground breaking for the airport occurs. So hold on to your boot straps!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I attended a meeting today in Ebro that was by invitation only for property owners. What was said is not far off from what has been posted here. There will be several major anoucments of new business's locating in this area when the ground breaking for the airport occurs. So hold on to your boot straps!

Owners of property where? Meeting held by who? If you don't spill it, someone else will, and you will look like you weren't there but just heard about it. This forum is for you to post what you know.

I don't wear boots! :lol:

00seer00

Beach Lover
Oct 12, 2006
PCB
Baby Blue,

Was this owners of land around Ebro? Can you elaborate any on this. They moved the ground breaking to June. St Joes Stock held up today when all other were down in this sector on higher than average volume. Did you hear if the final Army Core of Engineers permit was issued? Just trying to put the Puzzle together.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
The meeting was for owners of large tracks of land in Washington and Bay County near to the new airport. A private utility company hosted the meeting to talk to the owners about future development in the area to supply water and sewer services in some of the remote areas. All were in agreement that this area is about to exploded with growth. Also some of the business , UPS, FedEx and Disney were mentioned. There is a very large track of land under contract now but the utility could not release the name of the purchaser.

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006
poor disney...if they listened to any of the developers in this area or sandestin, they would be told endlessly that families with children don't vacation here! just rich old guys who like to golf and their wives. hahahaha! :rotfl:

now with sandestins big $79-$99 a night marketing push, be on the lookout for a new influx of spring-break college kids to invade the area.

Babyblue

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
poor disney...if they listened to any of the developers in this area or sandestin, they would be told endlessly that families with children don't vacation here! just rich old guys who like to golf and their wives. hahahaha! :rotfl:

now with sandestins big $79-$99 a night marketing push, be on the lookout for a new influx of spring-break college kids to invade the area.

I would not rule Disney out just yet. ;-)

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com

Families dont vacation here?
:dunno:

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
:dunno:

No, Bobby, they don't.

My wife, daughter and I live in Sandestin (most of the time). My 6 yr old daughter loves playing at the beautiful playground at Baytowne Wharf, and going, during the summer especially, to the special kids events including the Mini Gras, where they have fortune tellers, stilt walkers, inflatable jumping houses, obstacle courses.

She loves going over to the pools at the Sandestin Hilton and meeting all the other children her size. She loves learning about where their from and what it's like in Texas or Alabama or Toronto.

It was just recently that we found out that all those people her size are really Munchkins from the Sandestin casting apartment. Apparently, in a scheme that is just now being uncovered, they have flown in "little people" from Eastern European Countries and are matching them up with adults.

It's an ill-fated attempt to make this area appear to be kid friendly. My daughter has not been told yet, although since she is now learning to read rather well I suspect she'll see it in the newspaper soon enough.

mf

Banned
May 14, 2006

Bobby J said:

doh! apologies to all! i always forget sarcasm DOES NOT translate in print!

my point was actually that it's sandestin that seem to think all those children on the resort are munchkins!

by my comment, i meant that if you speak with local developers and see the marketing plans and promo material for regional resorts & developments you will find that they are in DENIAL about the fact that the primary demographic for this area is FAMILIES. even the old folks here don't go anywhere without their grandkids! :D and yet all the big money goes to retail that is clearly targeted to retirement-aged couples. case in point- there are no wading pools for toddlers or little kids at any of the developments, few restaurants suitable for kids, no skate parks, very few classes and programmed activities for visiting families. we heard at least 3 kids on the beach last summer tell their parents that they wanted to go to myrtle beach or orlando next time.

anyway..my point was that OBVIOUSLY if DISNEY gets it. why don't people who already do business here get it??

the comment about the $99 rooms at sandestin is that by charging those rates and promoting them to spring breakers, they have made a clear decision to market to college-aged kids. most parents don't want their children exposed to non-stop boozing during their family breaks.

i've been to minigras and applause for kids in baytowne village and when you see the HUNDREDS of toddlers and school aged kids in attendance it becomes even more obvious and shocking that there isn't MUCH more of the same available for families on the resort.

hope that clears that up! :blink:

Last edited: