Do you really want a City Marshall for Sheriff?

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by spoiler, Apr 9, 2008.

1. sandybanks

sandybanks Beach Fanatic

You know when I sit down and eat a steak the thing I like to chew on is the fat. That's right the fat of that steak gives me the taste of that steak.

Take Sheriff Johnson for instance, his main job is to provide security for the residence of both south and north Walton.

Well we all have to conclude that the safest place to visit is SoWal as some describe the area. If anyone knows of any crime that is breaking out in this area please let us know because I love to bring my family over to that area.

Yes the Sheriff has done a great job and that is why so many will continue to support the Sheriff. I believe the City Marshall is a great guy and all that but until you can explain why you would want to put a man out of office for making your area one of the safest places to live in the Country, I will have to say that the Sheriff is the person who I would vote for if given the chance.

2. Santiago

Santiago Beach Fanatic

I'm a one issue guy. If Mr. Adkinson is not going to put speed traps in Alys Beach and everywhere else in South Walton, he's better than the current clown.

3. wrobert

wrobert Beach Fanatic

Just exactly what is a speed trap?

4. WCcitizens

WCcitizens Beach Lover

Speed Trap:
    That is when an individual gets caught speeding on a roadway and a law enforcement officer catches him in the act of doing this. The individual has no where to go once he's been caught...kind of like he's trap now, so he must pull over and answer to illegal actions. Of course sometimes they don't want to stop at all. lol

5. wrobert

wrobert Beach Fanatic

That is sort of how I looked at it. But I was getting the impression that somehow the Sheriff was forcing this guy to speed so he would have to pay a ticket.

6. WileCoyote

WileCoyote Beach Lover

Wrobert has the issue of respect for the office wrong.
    I have no respect for Ralphie as a man. As an individual he has shown that he has no respect for other elected officials in Walton County.

When I speak of the individual he is simply Ralphie or the Cookin Sheriff he deserves no more.

When I speak of the office he currently holds I will use the respectful term - Sheriff of Walton County.

The man and the office he holds are two diffirent issues.