• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Can you tell if they are rental cars? Folks who can afford a second home on 30A might be flying in and renting a car which could have different tags?

We also get a lot of political hacks from Tallahassee.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
This is still in effect.... please do your part and report violations

kateaileen1

Beach Crab
Apr 24, 2020
Rosemary Beach
Please be careful not to assume they are not local. We are owners, but our plates are still our old plates. Waiting for offices to reopen. Also, I believe the best way to control the tourism is to make the rental companies accountable and hotels. It’s tricky to control but please don’t incriminate people based on plates alone.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Sounds like we're becoming a police state now. If we should be staying at home, why would we be running around looking for people to rat out?

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Sounds like we're becoming a police state now. If we should be staying at home, why would we be running around looking for people to rat out?
I don’t believe anyone is suggesting that. One can easily observe what is happening in their own neighborhood. Such as vehicles with plates from various states changing weekly in a home you know to be a rental.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Just a bump to remind people that the short term rental ban is still in effect.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
From the looks of this area today there are alot of folks not paying any attention to the short term rental ban. I cant believe that these owners/management companies can have this much disregard for the community they all profess to "love". They are in it for nothing but the money and if their renters think they care one bit about them they are insane. There is no way to properly clean/sanitize a house in the 3-4 hour turn around houses have. How do they know that house wasnt rented to a family of 12 that was quarantining from Miami last week? You can bet if I see anyone breaking the ban I WILL report them. And if you are a homeowner/management company going about it through "cash" channels I will also report you to the TDC or whoever for evading the bed tax. (Those audits can get nasty from what I am told) People disregarding this law rank right up there with price-gougers and unlicensed roofers/contractors after a hurricane in my book.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I'm confused about the ban. Is it ban on all short term rentals? Before it was a ban on new short term rentals? We moved our May 2020 vacation to May 2021. But we still have a August 2020 reservation. There is still time to see if opening so much will cause more illness and we would of course avoid. (Here at home, we go to the store once a week & pre order nearby restaurant food to pickup. Family came by last Sunday and visited from the sidewalk. We walk. Ride our bikes. Listen to vinyl. Watch old vhs tapes. Thank goodness for a lovely Spring.) Thanks, Ellen

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
The ban was/is for existing and new. The only thing left open was hotels because of traveling first responder and healthcare workers. The ban stated they could not write new reservations or let new arrivals check in and they were tyring to use the wording to let people check in by saying it meant new reservations checking in. But that was cleared up in one of his news conferences. That is what I mean by them not caring about anything but money. They dont care if anyone ,whether it be visitor or local, getting sick. They only care about getting that check and not having to give back any (probably because it was spent when they got it last year.). I work at an "essential" business that I am thinking should be called "sacrificial" because they cant protect us from stupidity. We,as a county, have done pretty well with the safe at home thing as evidenced by our relatively low numbers here. But I just dont know how long I am willing to put myself and my family at risk for someone to come to the beach because some renters cant get their money back.