• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

namdub

Beach Comber
Oct 19, 2005
This message is reposted from another thread---

The state does the spraying, but the county commissioners enter into a contract with the state. If the county commissioners don't ask for the spraying, it doesn't happen. So, contact your county commissioners about the spraying for both dog flies and mosquitos. All pesticides are harmful to living organisms. I don't want any of that stuff sprayed anywhere near me, my kids, my friends or even my worst enemies. Just a few minutes of research on the net will tell you that all of the mosquito, dog fly and other pesticides are very dangerous to your health. I would rather be attacked on the beach by dog flies than poisoned.

Please send a letter to the county commissioners.

Here are the email addresses for all of our commissioneers. Please send them a message if you want the spraying to end.

brascott@co.walton.fl.us prikenneth@co.walton.fl.us jonlarry@co.walton.fl.us cucro@co.walton.fl.us meacindy@co.walton.fl.us

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Thanks...will do. I'd rather say "OUCH" to a fly bite than have my central nervous system go haywire down the road.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Sueshore said:
Thanks...will do. I'd rather say "OUCH" to a fly bite than have my central nervous system go haywire down the road.

Send in the photo of your new cat avatar who has just been sprayed with the poison. :D

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Send in the photo of your new cat avatar who has just been sprayed with the poison. :D

Ta da...that's way funny!!!!!! Maybe a before and after shot!!!

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
This is not so funny....I just got back from was to be a wonderful walk in the park with Molly. That blasted DC-3 flew almost right over us...I couldn't tell if it was spraying or not. I have had it now! Don't mess with my dog.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Sueshore said:
This is not so funny....I just got back from was to be a wonderful walk in the park with Molly. That blasted DC-3 flew almost right over us...I couldn't tell if it was spraying or not. I have had it now! Don't mess with my dog.

Get out that slingshot Sue and get them.....I feel the same way, Don't mess with my dog's!!!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I got sprayed 3 times today. That big plane flies very low and scares the crap out of you. Now I'm worried about being mashed as well as poisoned.

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
kurt said:
I got sprayed 3 times today. That big plane flies very low and scares the crap out of you. Now I'm worried about mashed as well as poisoned.

So true my friend....it's truly like being at the airport and watching them land. One false move and.....

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
kurt said:
I got sprayed 3 times today. That big plane flies very low and scares the crap out of you. Now I'm worried about mashed as well as poisoned.

We have a patio on the roof (3rd story) of our home. Our property backs up to Camp Creek Golf Course and I was up on our roof checking out this huge tree eating machine that St. Joe was sending down the property line to clear room for a chain link fence :pissed: . (By-the-way, they cut about a 15 foot swath all along the southern Camp Creek Golf Course property line). My 14 month old was already upset because that monster machine was so loud. Suddenly that STUPID plane passed not more than 50 feet above us. It was spraying and I freaked out because I didn't want the baby sprayed and he freaked out because the plane was so loud! I have never heard such a scream of terror! I HATE that plane. It has been flying over every day for the past week.

The first time I saw that plane was in Sept. 2001, right after we moved here and right after 9-11. It scared me to death--low flying plane that shouldn't be there. Not a good thing.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
CCk...and I thought coughing and itching from RT and being dive bombed by that basted plane were bad enough...now you tell me my landlord is cutting down trees for a FENCE? Bad karma day for sure.