• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Well you guy's and gal's may have gotten your wish. The dog fly program (may) be history after june o8. Although it will be interesting to see what happens if the dogflies come in hordes like 8 to 10 years ago. oh and the boss for dog fly program just became your new Mosquito commisioner in south walton. ps I will soon need a job!!!!!

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Well you guy's and gal's may have gotten your wish. The dog fly program (may) be history after june o8. Although it will be interesting to see what happens if the dogflies come in hordes like 8 to 10 years ago. oh and the boss for dog fly program just became your new Mosquito commisioner in south walton. ps I will soon need a job!!!!!

You are confusing me which is very easy. Are you saying the dog fly boss is now the director over Mosquito Control for south Walton? Those commissioner positions are elected.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
You are confusing me which is very easy. Are you saying the dog fly boss is now the director over Mosquito Control for south Walton? Those commissioner positions are elected.

As I understand, Burke was removed by the Governor, so the Governor appoints a replacement. The voters will decide at the next election, which is Nov of 2008.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Confusing me too, I thought they already stopped the State from spraying poisons for "Dog Flies" from airplanes over our beaches and homes.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
As I understand, Burke was removed by the Governor, so the Governor appoints a replacement. The voters will decide at the next election, which is Nov of 2008.

The word I got from the Governor's office and the Agriculture Commissioner's office was that no replacement would be appointed until after the trial since that is going to be later this month.

They were in the process of hiring a director, and I believe that the remaining commissioners are committed to promoting from within, so I am thinking that someone at the organization got promoted to director.

Burke was suspended, I believe.

Last edited:

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Sorry if this was confusing it actually pretty simple since you guys dont want us to spray and we have an old supposedly unsafe plane the dogfly program "may" be ending june of 2008 so everyone is looking for a job and our boss was just hired by the south walton mosquitoe commissioners including burke who(may be getting his job back) appoint the director (not elect)..
The commissioners are the ones elected not the directors. but know that does not mean we will spray for dogflies we will be gone. Im thinking of going to work in alabama at some farms and see if i can help raise a few million dog flies haha.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Regargless of all that political stuff, sorry about your losing your job. :sosad: That can be hard on a person but you'll find somethin' mo' better for ya dogflyguy, no worries.:love: Who knows it could be savin' your life. :dunno:Are dog flies=to yellow flies? Hubba is so allergic to those suckers. :eek: I'm sure the spray probably is kinda bad for people though. Most all of it says so right on the label. I breathed a lot of that stuff in one nite ridin' my bike down there. Maybe that's what happened to me. :D

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
seacrest
thanks for the thoughts. im not to worried about my employment as im very skilled in several things and already have 4 job offers , just trying to decide if i want to stay in mosquitoe/dogfly. dogflies are only equel to yellow flies in that they are both blood feeders. but dog flies lov to chew on people and espicially dogs ears,hence the name dogfly.also dogflies come in late summer and fall with the north winds ,while yellow flies live here and bread heavily in early summer. yes it could be whats wrong with you but it also could be any number of things in your every day life. just read the label on anything you clean with ,use on your cat or dog or yard, the food you eat ,the air you breath ,what you drink . you name just "about" anything not used correctly can either injure or kill you

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Hey guy's and gals i just noticed why there was confusion. I started the post saying mosquito commissioner when i meant moquito director of south walton , my bad ,whip me,beat me say bad things. sorry again.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It's all good dogflyguy, sorry to hear about your job. That really sucks, but if you like the area aren't there other pilot jobs available? I remember hearing something about a charter company starting out of PC I believe. :dunno: