• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
GOP
you guy's (walton county) may not have needed us but pc beach,baycounty,gulf county all used our services several times this year. they have all said they will look into getting their own aerial program if ours goes out,so send your unhappy tourists over here we have lots of new stores and condo's to please them. as your comment about saving the money our whole buget is only about 160,000.00 a year and the state has a contract with a private company that(they possiblymay use) they spray half as much as we did this year will cost at least 200,000.00 plus.

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
smilin joe
Sorr i didnt get into enough detail for you, yes you are right in that the yellow fly females are the only ones that blood feed for protein to make eggs (good thing human females don't do that). but for details the yellow fly "Diachlorus ferrugatus (fabicius)" and deer fly "Diptera Tabanidae (chrsops)" are two different species even though they are both from the same family of 35 biting fly species in florida

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Sorry, but that is only partially correct information. Yes, Stable (Dog) Flies feed on blood, both males and females. Only the female Deer (aka-Yellow) Fly feed on blood to reproduce. The males feed on plant nectar only. I will remind everyone that the Dog (Stable) Fly does not pose any threat to humans or dogs. They don't spread disease, nor do the Yellow (Deer) Flies, as I understand.

As for the rest of your statement, most of the other products in your home don't kill when used as instructed. ;-)

I guess it depends on what's in your home, and whether your bent on using it in that way! I don't think Liquid Plumber is going to just give you a stomach ache!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
smilin joe
actually i want to go to alabama farms and raise millions of dog fly's to harrass and bring you pain. JUST KIDDING!!!! . that was my evil twin making that statement in an earlier post. joe the connection to june 2008 is when our fiscal year ends and because you guy's dont want us to spray and the big bosses in tallahassee think our plane is unsafe and the states buget is out of whack their cutting us unless we get lots of support. so rather than wait until we dont have a job most everyone is looking elsewhere for employment. so it's not enough support and too many headaches to continue.

I'm confused. If it is us in Walton who don't want our environment sprayed with poisons directed at killing insects, what does that have to do with the State cancelling a state-wide program? I could see your point if it was only up to Walton County to decide, but the Dog Fly program is a State Program, not a County Program. Did the rest of the State also dislike the idea of having their environment sprayed with poisons, with the intent of killing insects?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I guess it depends on what's in your home, and whether your bent on using it in that way! I don't think Liquid Plumber is going to just give you a stomach ache!

...just read the label on anything you clean with ,use on your cat or dog or yard, the food you eat ,the air you breath ,what you drink . you name just "about" anything not used correctly can either injure or kill you

Florida Girl, my reply was to dogfly's comment above. He states that if you read the labels on things in your house, you will see that if you use them incorrectly, they can kill you. My comment is that if you use the poison they spray for killing dog flies, is that if you use the product correctly it kills. It has nothing to do with using the product incorrectly. His analogy is very flawed. :wave:

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Florida Girl, my reply was to dogfly's comment above. He states that if you read the labels on things in your house, you will see that if you use them incorrectly, they can kill you. My comment is that if you use the poison they spray for killing dog flies, is that if you use the product correctly it kills. It has nothing to do with using the product incorrectly. His analogy is very flawed. :wave:

Using poisons correctly, doesn't mean they kill YOU, it kills what it's intended for!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
and your point is what? According to the scientists, the poison they spray kills on contact, with only a tiny aerosol droplet, any insect the size of a Dog Fly or smaller. If it kills those on contact, what does it does it do to an animal, slightly larger? What about one double the size? It kills much more than the targeted, and non-harmful DogFly.

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Florida Girl, my reply was to dogfly's comment above. He states that if you read the labels on things in your house, you will see that if you use them incorrectly, they can kill you. My comment is that if you use the poison they spray for killing dog flies, is that if you use the product correctly it kills. It has nothing to do with using the product incorrectly. His analogy is very flawed.
Joe i was not talking about killing insects although you may or may not be right about Dibrom killing other or bigger insects . there has not been hardly any sientific studies to say yah or nay on that. I was refering to seacrest blaming the spray for what was wrong with her not with the insects in her yard. so tell me where i am so flawed oh mighty one!!!

dogflyguy

Beach Lover
Sep 24, 2007
Okay joe
let me try to explain this more clearer
1. No spraying in walton county (no more headaches having to deal with enviromentalists)
2. big bosses in tallahassee think plane is unsafe because of age and state does not have money for newer one.
3. state budget cuts (previous and this year 2007,2008)
4. private contractors can do the job
5.we only spray the pan handle counties except in disasters (see #4)
all of this equals no program walton county was just one more nail in the coffin