• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
hi -
we're heading to grayton in only 33 days!! (but who's counting? :rotfl: )

Are the flies out? we've been down about 4 times, all in May except for last year in August. we've never been bothered by the flies, except for the trip in august. so, we're keeping our fingers crossed.

just curious...

thanks
reece

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
reece said:
hi -
we're heading to grayton in only 33 days!! (but who's counting? :rotfl: )

Are the flies out? we've been down about 4 times, all in May except for last year in August. we've never been bothered by the flies, except for the trip in august. so, we're keeping our fingers crossed.

just curious...

thanks
reece

Reece,

I can relate-we head to Seacrest Beach in 30 days! :D I've been counting down the days for the past 2 months actually. I've started a little bit of packing already. It can't come soon enough!

We've been to Sowal in May the last 3 years, and have not had any trouble with flies.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Dog flies are typically an August nuisance, and yellow flies normally start in June (but mainly inland, not too bad on the actual beach), so in May you should be safe. Water is still pretty in May, too!

reece

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
thank you thank you thank you!!

let's keep it that way. love grayton, hate the flies :)
may is such a beautiful time of the year there(the other months aren't so bad either). anytime at the beach is a good time :)

i'll check back in a couple of weeks...give good juju to keep the flies away!
reece