• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dreamsicle

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Nashville/Seaside
Hello SoWal-lers -

I don't know if this has been covered before, but I'm down here with my pooch and I'm wondering if anyone has compiled a list of dog-friendly places on 30A, especially in the Seaside/Grayton/Seagrove area - restaurants, cafes, etc. He's beach-legal (got his SoWal permit) but I'm looking for places where I can take him and eat, hang out, etc. So far Cafe Spiazzia and Beach Java have been very nice and let him hang out while I ate/surfed the graytonbeach.com website. Any other suggestions?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
What a great thread idea....Molly and I await the good news!!!! What kind of pooch do you live with?

DBOldford

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Napa Valley, CA
Have you seen the Dryer's Ice Cream frozen treats for dogs...four to a pack and sold at supermarkets? It comes in "original" flavor (I'm told it tastes like frozen chalk.) and now "peanut butter." No dairy, soy based since most dogs are lactose intolerant. Best thing is that it's better for dogs than ice cream is for people. Yes, dogs get frozen brain, also if they lick it too fast. Does anyone know if this is at Publix?

We have a new Havanese puppy that will come to Grayton in October and December, so this is a great thread. He loves go go out with us. Thanks for leads on dog-friendly spots.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Donna said:
Have you seen the Dryer's Ice Cream frozen treats for dogs...four to a pack and sold at supermarkets? It comes in "original" flavor (I'm told it tastes like frozen chalk.) and now "peanut butter." No dairy, soy based since most dogs are lactose intolerant. Best thing is that it's better for dogs than ice cream is for people. Yes, dogs get frozen brain, also if they lick it too fast. Does anyone know if this is at Publix?

We have a new Havanese puppy that will come to Grayton in October and December, so this is a great thread. He loves go go out with us. Thanks for leads on dog-friendly spots.

I think the product is called Frosty Paws(?) I have found it in Publix and Winn-Dixie. My little ones got some on their 1st Birthday this year.

I haven't seen the p'nut butter flavor but I have seen the vanilla. Hopefully, it isn't a "seasonal" item.

Cil said:
Our old guy Tucker (an English Mastiff) was 180. Tucker is the 10th one down

Now we have smaller mastiffs--our male is a 140 pound runt, smaller than Rosie, who is 155.

Elwood and Rosie

Elwood loves the water and we hope to introduce him to the beach some day.
Hope yours are as well-behaved as the one whose owner has a place at Seaside. I was impressed by the calm temperament of that dog. Great pix of your dogs BTW. Here's a photo of my standard poodle baby on her first visit to Seagrove Beach at 5 months.

Richard

Beach Comber
Feb 16, 2005
Donna said:

I was excited to see you have a Havanese puppy. My wife and I are thinking about getting one but we live here along 30-A and have only seen one once and that was on a visit to San Francisco. We're still looking for a breeder within driving distance.

I'm sure you're puppy is great. Any problems or issues?

By the way you are over your allotment and you can no longer receive private messages.