• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

4robbins

Beach Comber
Oct 18, 2007
I understand only Walton County residents are allowed to obtain a beach permit for their dogs? Is this correct?

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Why not charge some crazy high temporary permit fee? More revenue for the county.

Instead of asking the same question multiple times on a forum, have you tried to get momentum with the BOC on your idea?

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
You seem to whine a lot about our laws in Walton County looking at your previous posts. Ever think about hanging out on Tybee and complaining about their regs?

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
OK let me complain too. Have walked year round for over 10 years and beach is not patrolled often. Funds are available but I guess our county wants to spend money elsewhere or not spend it at all. Frankly, I don't know why they sell beach permits at all because most dogs do not have them and most dogs I encounter are allowed to roam unsupervised and unleashed while at the beach. Walked from Mistral to High Point in Seacrest Thursday and encountered SEVEN dogs unleashed and one with no collar at all but you are able to see the permit when they get close enough. That's my point. Don't like unsupervised dogs if I don't know them especially when they run right toward me!!!! Also to my horror I saw one dog while owner was watching trying to cover his mess on the dune. Owner never picked it up either. Nothing more to say.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
Actually I wasn't complaining. I did question the rules over a year ago and what I wrote this week was a reasonable question. We come, spend our money and take care of our dogs like they should be taken care of. I'm sure that as SOWAL becomes Destin East they will eventually ban all dogs from the beach because resident and non-resident jackasses don't.