Dogcatcher on E Point Washington

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by ShallowsNole, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

this afternoon about 5:00...saw him pick up a medium brown dog with a collar and tags, then he went down Cabbage Rose Lane.

I know there have been complaints about dogs running loose down there - and lord knows there are a couple of dogs I'd like to be picked up over here - but I just wanted to alert folks, in case your dog is missing, to check with Animal Control.

2. Teresa Cline

Teresa Cline Beach Fanatic

Very sorry to hear this....I hate it when people let their dogs run because not everyone loves dogs as much as I do....I was hoping just *****ing publicly on sowal would make these dog owners be aware that their dogs were really getting on peoples nerves.... Calling animal control is kinda extreme though...sure hope they get their dogs out of jail.:dunno:

3. Rebecca

Rebecca Beach Lover

There is a little brown dog with a Seaside collar who comes out and walks with me off Cabbage Rose Lane. He is the sweetest thing. HowEVER, I was chased by a very aggressive big black dog while walking a couple of weeks ago. I thought I had met my sure death off Cabbage Rose Lane. We do have a leash law intact for a reason.

4. ShallowsNole

ShallowsNole Beach Fanatic

I am thinking it was the little brown dog that got picked up. He was running beside a little girl on a bicycle. Collar was blue; couldn't tell if it said Seaside or not. Main reason I stopped was that a man got out of his truck (this is before I saw the county emblem) to talk to a little girl on a bike. :eek: Then they were all in front of me in the road.

5. ChillPill

ChillPill Beach Fanatic

Your description fits the picture of one of the dogs picked up this week, shown on this Walton County website. He looks so cute. Lots of beautiful dogs listed here, hopefully the owners will find them. Very sad to see so many 'owner surrender' dogs. :sosad:
    Walton County, FL - Home Page - Found DOGS

6. grace

grace Beach Fanatic

the sweet brown girl has also walked with me a few times. soooo sad to see that she has been snatched. i doubt her owners know she's up there. a death sentence for sure.

7. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

I have seen this dog (a female) all around Cabbage Rose. It is very sad the sweet, innocent dogs pay the price for ignorant owners!! :angry: The lack of intelligence and responsibility is staggering. She has been running loose around our neighborhood for weeks. So sad that someone alerted the dogcatcher :sosad: Will they not call the owners # on the tags? I wish I knew who the owners were, I would let them know where to find her...if they even give a S%$#.

8. Rebecca

Rebecca Beach Lover

I just looked at the picture from link and it is indeed the same sweet little brown dog with Seaside collar. I believe her owners live in the red house on East Point Washington. What can be done? How long does she have before her "death sentence"??

9. ChillPill

ChillPill Beach Fanatic

The site states they will keep them for 7 days waiting to be claimed, then they'll be available for adoption. After that, I recall someone posted previously that it is 10 days before they are put 'to sleep'?

Last night would've been the first night the dog didn't come home...

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Beach Lover

I found out who the dog owner is. She is very sweet and not a negligent owner. She rescued Buckley, the sweet little brown dog with Seaside collar, in December.

Buckley turned out to have the sweetest disposition, but lots of energy.
    When owner is at work, Buckley digs out from under the fence in her backyard.

The owner went to Defuniak Springs yesterday to retrieve Buckley and had a car accident on the way. She realizes with her hectic job and Buckley's need to run (ideally on a farm somewhere) that the situation is not ideal.

If anyone knows of a good home that would be conducive to Buckley's needs, please PM me.

Buckley is up to date with her vaccinations and has been spayed. She also comes with a $150 crate. (Owner has been crate training her.)

11. ChillPill

ChillPill Beach Fanatic

BeachBecky I'm so glad to hear this! Thanks so much for taking time to do that and then post an update, and to Shallowsnole for the original post. I wish I could take her.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  12. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

This just made my day!:wub: She is such a sweet sweet dog, hopefully someone will take her where she can run, run, run!

13. Chandra

Chandra Beach Fanatic

I was afraid this was going to happen to that cute dog. I sure hope she finds a good home.

14. wrobert

wrobert Beach Fanatic

Extreme? My daughter has a neighbor who lures her cats into the yard with tuna then takes them to animal control. Where we have to pay a ransom(fine) to get them back. Now that is a bit extreme, but the world we live in.

15. scooterbug44

scooterbug44 SoWal Expert

Considering that people who don't live anywhere near there are aware of this dog and that it is an issue that has been going on for weeks/months, I don't think calling the dog catcher was that extreme.

And it sounds like it will hopefully work out better for everyone involved - especially the dog.

16. liquorqueen

liquorqueen Beach Lover

Same thing happens in Grayton Beach. "Dr. Dog" has a cage set up in front of his townhouse by the Red Bar with an open can of fish food to lure cats in. He then calls Animal Control to get them. BEWARE!. We are more than certain that he got our dear cat was captured in December that way. Only feral cats are savvy enough to not get lured into these traps. After asking him about it, he said, and I quote, "that's life!" What comes around, goes around, Dog...and he will get his eventually, I am certain.

17. Allifunn

Allifunn FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com

I am glad Buckley is OK! She IS a very sweet dog, and I hope she finds a good home.

18. jack flash

jack flash Beach Lover

I know the owner well and she is trying to find a good home for her. She doesn not want Bucklley hurt in any way. Can we keep this link going and get a home for Buckley? She is darling--please HELP!