• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
OK, it looks like things are pretty good with the beaches. I assume you still have your draconian laws that will keep my pups from enjoying a little sand time if we decide to come back down in November?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Yes.

And there are many other beaches that have dog laws/rules, not just SoWal.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
OK, it looks like things are pretty good with the beaches. I assume you still have your draconian laws that will keep my pups from enjoying a little sand time if we decide to come back down in November?

Bring 'em. Let them romp as long as they don't bother anyone and don't poop on the sand. The penalty will be rather minor if you get a ticket, as opposed to the death sentence Draco usually prescribed for minor offenses.

If you do get a ticket then I disavow any knowledge of this statement. :lol:

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I mostly agree with Douglas, but I'm ok with leashed dogs that are picked up after. Big italics on the "picked up after!!!"

Too many people just don't understand that there are folks afraid of dogs, like my wife, who has nasty scars because of someone's "cute little doggy".

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

its unfortunate but necessary when we become such a popular destination. I hated this too. Dogs are much more respectful of the planet, including the beach, even with poop, than we could ever be.

Its their owners who sometimes lack responsibility. So really, its not a penalty against dogs. Its against owners who really don't use common sense a lot of the time. local or tourist owner.

just find a nice secluded beach and let 'em go have a ball. can't imagine a dog being happy on a leash on the beach. poor doggies. better to leave them home unless you can go out of your way to find them a wide open space where they won't bother others.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal

Thank all the other dog owners whose pups enjoyed their sand time to the detriment of the community.

Sorry we took steps to make sure that vacations on pristine beaches did not involve dog crap and uncontrolled animals everywhere. :sarc:

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
No dogs without permits is for the good of the beach. Very disgusting to have grand child dig up a turd while playing in sand. I feel the same way about cars on beach without permits. There are reasons for the rules. Surprised at Kurt's reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.