• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Kaka is the reason I've never been real keen on our dogs having a beach tag. Actually, I would not hesitate to pick it up with a baggie (gotta do that before we go to the vet anyway), it's the thought of sand-skiing across the beach, being pulled by a 100-lb lab that worries me. She would love it, but what she doesn't know about won't hurt her. :cool:

However...my primary issue with dogs off-leash on the beach centers around the time I was enjoying a day on the beach, face-down in a lounge chair, only to feel a wet nose jam itself in my cash-and-prizes and then the unmistakable feeling of getting peed on...:shock:

:lolabove: SN that has to be one of the flat out funniest terms I've never had the hysterical joy of hearing before!!! Thk U Thk U! Made my day!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I would definitely watch a dog on the beach very closely. I wouldn't be surprised to see one gobble down a tarball in a heart beat. Nothing like an emergency trip to the vet, at least BP might cover it for you.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I would definitely watch a dog on the beach very closely. I wouldn't be surprised to see one gobble down a tarball in a heart beat. Nothing like an emergency trip to the vet, at least BP might cover it for you.

That's probably true, especially if in a dog's mind, tarball on sand = cat poop in litter box. :roll:

TimeIsFree

Beach Comber
Sep 25, 2008
In Bay County, it seems the beach area west of the new City Pier @ Pier Park is dog friendly. We were out on the pier over the 4th late one morning and were surprised to see 20+ dogs enjoying the beach with their owners. I'm glad there's a designated place for them to romp.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
does that mean when you walk your dog in your neighborhood and she deposits her Kaka in a neighborhor's yard you leave it to the neighbor to pick up so his kid doesn't step in it. That's nice...extra yard duty!

No, like most other neighborhood dogs, she poops in the DOT drainage ditch! It helps the grass grow (organic fertilizer), and doesn't infringe on the human populace. :roll:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
But any number of the drainage ditches wash into the Bay, leading to unacceptably high levels of fecal bacteria in many common swimming areas. It's actually far more of a health hazard to swim along a good chunk of the south shore of Choctawhatchee Bay right now than it is the Gulf because of those high bacteria levels.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
No, like most other neighborhood dogs, she poops in the DOT drainage ditch! It helps the grass grow (organic fertilizer), and doesn't infringe on the human populace. :roll:

Please pick up after your dog. I'm sure your dog is smart enough to only go in the drainage ditches, and not the street, or you neighbor's yards. Fecal matter of meat eaters is not a natural fertilizer, and if in the ditch, will eventually make it's way to the bay, very nice. It will contaminate the water which people fish from and recreate in with coliform bacteria, and more. Possibly a change in practice with regards to your dog's dirt is in order.